Menu

Partial index is not supported and recreate wrong index

Help
2015-06-19
2015-06-20
  • Stephane B.

Stephane B. - 2015-06-19

I have a table that I want to replicate that has a partial index has a unique constraint. SymmetricDS does not support this and incorrectly replicate the index without the clause, which creates more problems.

Is there any way around this ? (short of manually dropping the index or recreating it with the partial version)

basically table is:

create table group_items (
       id serial,
       group_id int,
       item_id string,
       deleted_at timestamp
    );

create unique index unique_active_group_item_idx references group_items(group_id, item_id) where deleted_at is null;

and the index being recreated is:

create unique index unique_active_group_item_idx references group_items(group_id, item_id)

Last edit: Stephane B. 2015-06-19
  • Chris Henson

Chris Henson - 2015-06-20

The only workaround right now is to not use that feature of SymmetricDS.

I have in the past used initial.load.schema.dump.command and initial.load.schema.load.command to dump and load a schema during initial load. To use those you have to have command line utilities that can dump and load the schema.

There is also initial.load.before.sql. You can keep a create script in sym_parameter under that parameter name and it will be run before the initial load starts.

• Chris Henson

Chris Henson - 2015-06-20

I opened an issue for this. In the next year we want to do some major work on our schema creation support. We'll keep this in mind.

http://www.symmetricds.org/issues/view.php?id=2325