Menu

Lots of extensions not working :(

gxpark
2007-10-26
2013-04-08
  • gxpark

gxpark - 2007-10-26

Hi,

Many of the extensions I use seem to be incompatible with Swiftweasel (Firebug, DownThemAll! FEBE, Greasemonkey, etc.), and I was wondering if that's because I'm running 64bits Kubuntu?

Is there any way to bypass that compatibility check and force to load the extensions to see what happens?

Thanks!

- Ivan V.

• SticKK

SticKK - 2007-10-27

What version of Swiftweasel are you running? Please supply the exact file name you installed.

• gxpark

gxpark - 2007-10-27

Sorry, forgot about that. I used Automatix to install it:

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686 (x86_64); en-US; rv:1.8.1.8) Gecko/20071021 Firefox/2.0.0.8

• SticKK

SticKK - 2007-10-28

While I am happy that automatix has decided to include Swiftweasel, I am not happy with the way it is installed. I have tried to get information on why Automatix installs swiftweasel from tar files and places it in /opt. http://www.getautomatix.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1591 but so far I have been ignored. 
      I tried to install 2 of the extensions, download them all and FEBE (FEBE may become a default extension). Both worked, but I did have to point FEBE to ~/.mozilla/swiftweasel/ to look for the extension folder. This makes me wonder if swiftweasel is at error , or how it is installed with automatix. Please feel free to download a deb file of swiftweasel and install it.

• gxpark

gxpark - 2007-11-02

Will do, thanks for your help :)

Btw, any chance of getting Swiftweasel into a repository for Debian/Ubuntu?

• gxpark

gxpark - 2007-11-07

Ok, I installed swiftweasel-2.0.0.8_nocona-64bit_ubuntu-AMD64.deb, but my extensios are still disabled :(

• gxpark

gxpark - 2007-11-07

Nice, they work now after reinstalling them (no need to uninstall first). The only one that doesn't work is Google Gears, but that's apparently because of the architecture.

• SticKK

SticKK - 2007-11-08

Cool, thanks fro the update.