Menu

Working with ViewVC!

Developers
2006-10-13
2013-05-01
  • Per Arnold Blaasmo

I have made an installation where we use subversion and browsing using WebSVN and ViewVC. We use both browser tools since preferense is different :-)

We started to uses SVNManage becuase we needed to add acces control to the system.

To be able to make ViewVC work with I had to add som "functionality" to SVNManager.

ViewVC would not display the parent folder unless ther was some access rule to the parentfolder. I added '[:/] * = r' on the top of the access file to get it to work.

SVNManager requirres ther to be a named repository to be able to set access rules. So therefore I added to the metod for generating the access file to alway add this access rule at the beginning of the access file.

WebSVN did not have this restriction. I show the parent folder without this access rule!

Wheter it is ViewVC, WebSVN or SVNManager that interprets/implement this correctly I dont know.

But maybe SVNManager should have the possiblity to set acces rules at the parent folder level?

• Marijn Verkerk

Marijn Verkerk - 2006-10-29

Hi Arnold,

I'm not sure, but doesn't adding '[:/] * = r' on the top of the access file makes the whole repository readable for anyone?

Are you sure this is the right configuration?

If you'd please, you could edit the library/class.accessfile.php. If you change for instance:

public function createFromDatabase()
          {
              $accessfile = "";

to
          public function createFromDatabase()
          {
                      $accessfile = "[:/] * = r\n";

That will do,
      Marijn

• Per Arnold Blaasmo

Thanks for your reply!

Adding '[:/] *=r' alone makes the whole tree readabel, but when adding other restrictions on each repository takes care of that.
      I used this 'trick' to make it possible to read the parent folder.

It seems to wor ok.

-Per A.-