Blender exporter :)

MADcello
2007-02-12
2013-05-28
1 2 3 4 > >> (Page 1 of 4)
  • MADcello

MADcello - 2007-02-12

Removed a bug that prevent some materials to be exported (that black meshes were ok, just without shader).

http://uploader.polorix.net//files/134/sunflow_export_merged_07.zip

• Alvaro F. Celis

Alvaro F. Celis - 2007-02-12

Ok, great MADcello. So now we continue from here?  ;)
      Testing.

regards,
      Alvaro

• MADcello

MADcello - 2007-02-12

I agree with Eugene that the other is a bit long already.
      Eugene, you start the next thread, ok? ;)

• MADcello

MADcello - 2007-02-13

Forgot to say that there's no need to write the full name of the shader (sfdiffuse), in this version i change it to the first 3 letters only (sfdif ; sfamb ; sfgla ; etc...).
      If it's ok with you all, we can keep this, or return to the previous version. What do you think?

• Alvaro F. Celis

Alvaro F. Celis - 2007-02-13

ouch, I gotta rename all my materials!

Or if I leave them as they were, will it still read the 1st 3 characters and still identify the material?

Dunno, I kinda liked using the full name  :?

• MADcello

MADcello - 2007-02-13

No Alvaro, you don't have to change nothing.
      The names thing is like this:

a name should start with (sfdiffuse). It can be (sfdiffuse_watever_you_want)

i just change to:

a name should start with (sfdif), so ("sfdif"fuse) already start with that letters. You can continue writing all the name.

• Alvaro F. Celis

great! that's what I meant. It'll still read the 1st 5 characters. Nice!
      Now besides the GI types documentation you asked for, a material type summary would come in handy. ;)

on to testing.

regards,
      Alvaro

• MADcello

MADcello - 2007-02-13

Have to go to sleep. 1 am. for me (Portugal)

p.s. fpsunflower, about that document that i send to you, do you think it's ok to share it, i do not see any copyright (or do you have another surprise for us? :)

See you tomorrow.

• Christopher Kulla

You are welcome to share it, but I am preparing something a bit more organized which will go in the official docs section on the webpage.

• MADcello

MADcello - 2007-02-13

At Blendernation they made a topic looking for this website:

http://hafunui.tripod.com/sunflow/sfshade.html

so i took this info (hope the creator don't get mad) and include how the Blender exporter deal with it.

This was made just to help me, don't expect nothing amazing. If it helps some of you, i'm happy.

http://uploader.polorix.net//files/134/Sunflow%20shader%20and%20modifiers.pdf

• Eugene

Eugene - 2007-02-13

@MADcello
      This is a great compilation of hafunui's info with some Blender exporter info.  This doc should be made public - if not on the Sunflow site, then elsewhere.  Maybe you could e-mail hafunui to see if he's cool with allowing his tutorial being used?

By the way, did you notice who posted the article about his site on BlenderNation ;)

• Eugene

Eugene - 2007-02-13

I'll also add that, if hafuni is okay with the use of his site material, I would be happy to host the file on my site.  We could then reference it on BlenderArtists.  Of course, I notice on the doc section of Sunflow a "coming soon" blender tutorial, so this could be a nice intermediary to the final tutorial guide.

• MADcello

MADcello - 2007-02-13

:)
      Haaaa, so you were the man!

Where can i get hafuni's contact?
      or
      May i ask you, if you don't mind, to be you who talk to hafuni?

• Alvaro F. Celis

Nice! I had done what Madcello did as well (converting it to pdf) for studying purposes, but never uploaded it anywhere, so it would be great to ask for Hafunis' consent  ;) It would also be great if some of the info found in these tutorials could be incorporated into one single document along with the shader's info:
      http://wbs.nsf.tc/tutorial/sunflow/tutorial_sunflow_e.html

Chris' already saw the link and said some things were already deprecated but many info can be rescued from them  ;)

regards,
      Alvaro

• MADcello

MADcello - 2007-02-14

Just to keep all versions in the same thread.

http://uploader.polorix.net//files/134/sunflow_export_merged_08.zip

• Alvaro F. Celis

Alvaro F. Celis - 2007-02-14

Nice! what's new in this one? ;)

• MADcello

MADcello - 2007-02-14

2 new texture shaders (sfward and sfphong) and some code cleanup. :)

• Alvaro F. Celis

Alvaro F. Celis - 2007-02-14

getting errors with 08:
      http://www.danielpatton.com/afecelis/Sunflow/errors/merged08_err01.jpg
      http://www.danielpatton.com/afecelis/Sunflow/errors/merged08_err02.jpg

but I think they're due to how I named my materials (just remembered!). Gonna check them out and report if error persists. ;)

• Eugene

Eugene - 2007-02-14

I'm getting the same error.  The reason is that the script is exporting a shader to the .sc file that looks like this:

shader {
          name "Material.shader"
          type diffuse
          { "sRGB nonlinear" 0.800000011921 0.800000011921 0.800000011921 }
      }

It should look like this:

shader {
          name "Material.shader"
          type diffuse
          color { "sRGB nonlinear" 0.800000011921 0.800000011921 0.800000011921 }
      }

@MADcello
      Are you still working on stuff in the script or can I edit the one you just posted?

• MADcello

MADcello - 2007-02-14

Be my guest! :)

• MADcello

MADcello - 2007-02-14

Eugene, it's not to be "color" but "diff".

It's in line 333.

• MADcello

MADcello - 2007-02-14

Another question (just arrive home, so start on a new thing), i wish to put the UberShader, but this shader ask's for a "Diffuse texture" and a "Specular texture"!

Should we change the Modifiers texture slot to have (slot 0 -> diffuse textures ; slot 1 -> specular textures ; slot 2 -> bump and normal modifiers), or just put the specular texture on slot 2?

• Eugene

Eugene - 2007-02-15

Here is the new additions:

1)  Corrected the color issue Alvaro mentioned
      2)  Added tool tips for all buttons
      3)  Added the override buttons for gi.  Right now there isn't a check on the gi override button to make sure a gi type is selected... working on that.

@MADcello
      Are you sure about line 333?

http://www.geneome.net/blender/blenderfiles/scripts/sunflow_export_merged_09.py

• MADcello

MADcello - 2007-02-15

Yes, now it's line 362. Instead of "tcolor" it's "tdiff"

• Eugene

Eugene - 2007-02-15

@MADcello
      Ah, you're right.  I corrected line 362 and overwrote the old file in the link above.  I'm going to fix the button for the "Just GI" tonight (to only be pressable when a GI type is enabled).  Also, I was going to get the wireframe working in the script, unless you've already got it.

As for the uber shader, might it be better if we used the technique for the bump and normal?  That is, using the texture name as defining where it goes?  For example:  textu.tex.name.startswith("diff") or textu.tex.name.startswith("spec").

BTW, the constant shader section in the pdf document of the shaders is missing some syntax (missing the color definition).

Also, I PM'd hafuni on the BlenderArtists forums since I can't find his e-mail.  Asked if we could distribute the pdf with his info in it.  Waiting for response.

1 2 3 4 > >> (Page 1 of 4)

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks