Menu

Windows Apache/ GETID3_HELPERAPPSDIR error

Help
2004-10-20
2013-04-11
  • Anthony Armstrong

Hello all,

I installed streamline last night and eventualy got it working almost right, the only issue Im still facing is that when you try and play anything or access the folders containing music I get the error message below:

GETID3_HELPERAPPSDIR must not have any spaces in it - use 8dot3 naming convention if neccesary (on this server that would be something like "C:\PROGRA~1\APACHE~1\APACHE2\HTDOCS\CORE\HELPER~1" - NOTE: this may or may not be the actual 8.3 equivalent of "C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\core\getid3\..\helperapps", please double-check). You can run "dir /x" from the commandline to see the correct 8.3-style names. You need to edit the file "C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\core\getid3\/getid3.php" around line 102

I understand what its saying, but wasn't exactly sure how it could be fixed. Any advise would rock!

Thanks

• Michael MacFadden

Anthony,

This is an interesting issue.  One that I have not ran into before.  The message is coming from the GetID3 package which is a 3rd party tool (getid3.sourceforge.net) which Streamline uses to parse media meta info.

I have looked over the GetID3 code and I see what you are talking about.  I am not sure why the path can't have any spaces in it; I am going to look into it.

If you are up for trying a quick fix out in the meantime, change line 102 of the specified file from

$helperappsdir = GETID3_INCLUDEPATH.'..'.GETID3_OS_DIRSLASH.'helperapps'; // must not have any space in this path.

to

$helperappsdir = "C:\PROGRA~1\APACHE~1\APACHE2\HTDOCS\CORE\HELPER~1";

As the error message suggest you can alway open a dos prompt in that directory and run dir /x to ensure that this path is correct.  Unfortunately at this moment I don't have to much more information for you.  I am going to look into it and I will let you know when I have more information.  Thanks.

Regards,
      Michael MacFadden
      Streamline Dev Staff