STLport 5.1.5 and Windows Embedded CE 6

Help
Anonymous
2008-05-30
2013-05-13
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2008-05-30

Can't compile STLport under Windows Embedded CE 6.0

1) I have installed Platform Builder 6 (Windows Embedded CE 6.0)
    2) generated (built OSDesign) OS image and SDK
    3) intalled my own SDK
    4) set environment variables for include, lib, path, etc... as I red in README.evc8
    5) modified configure.bat to make it understand OSVERSION=WCE600 added:

) else if "%OSVERSION%"=="WCE600" (
        echo CEVERSION=600 >> ..\Makefiles\config.mak

6) congigured STLport like:

configure.bat --compiler evc8 --rtl-static --use-boost d:\work\cpp\boost

7) run nmake /fevc.mak (all environment variables are set at step 4)
    8) received result:

d:\work\cpp\stlport\stlport\stl\_ctime.h(34) : error C2039: 'clock' : is not a member of '`global na
    mespace''
    d:\work\cpp\stlport\stlport\stl\_ctime.h(34) : error C2873: 'clock' : symbol cannot be used in a usi
    ng-declaration
    d:\work\cpp\stlport\stlport\stl\_ctime.h(35) : error C2039: 'asctime' : is not a member of '`global
    namespace''
    d:\work\cpp\stlport\stlport\stl\_ctime.h(35) : error C2873: 'asctime' : symbol cannot be used in a u
    sing-declaration
    d:\work\cpp\stlport\stlport\stl\_ctime.h(36) : error C2039: 'ctime' : is not a member of '`global na
    mespace''
    d:\work\cpp\stlport\stlport\stl\_ctime.h(36) : error C2873: 'ctime' : symbol cannot be used in a usi
    ng-declaration
    d:\work\cpp\stlport\stlport\stl\_ctime.h(37) : error C2039: 'gmtime' : is not a member of '`global n
    amespace''
    d:\work\cpp\stlport\stlport\stl\_ctime.h(37) : error C2873: 'gmtime' : symbol cannot be used in a us
    ing-declaration
    d:\work\cpp\stlport\stlport\stl\_ctime.h(42) : error C2039: 'mktime' : is not a member of '`global n
    amespace''
    d:\work\cpp\stlport\stlport\stl\_ctime.h(42) : error C2873: 'mktime' : symbol cannot be used in a us
    ing-declaration
    d:\work\cpp\stlport\stlport\stl\_ctime.h(43) : error C2039: 'localtime' : is not a member of '`globa
    l namespace''
    d:\work\cpp\stlport\stlport\stl\_ctime.h(43) : error C2873: 'localtime' : symbol cannot be used in a
    using-declaration
    d:\work\cpp\stlport\stlport\stl\_ctime.h(44) : error C2039: 'strftime' : is not a member of '`global
    namespace''
    d:\work\cpp\stlport\stlport\stl\_ctime.h(44) : error C2873: 'strftime' : symbol cannot be used in a
    using-declaration
    d:\work\cpp\stlport\stlport\stl\_ctime.h(45) : error C2039: 'time' : is not a member of '`global nam
    espace''
    d:\work\cpp\stlport\stlport\stl\_ctime.h(45) : error C2873: 'time' : symbol cannot be used in a usin
    g-declaration

What is wrong?

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2008-06-17

Ok. I've done it 8)

So results are:
      1) Some changes at configure.bat
      2) ... at _ctime.h, _clocale.h, _windows.h
      3) some changes in nmake file (subsystem ... windows CE 6.00)

All tests work properly - who needs more information - write here.

• Francois Dumont

Francois Dumont - 2008-06-20

What version of STLport have you use ?

If you think you have successfully ported STLport to a new platform then you can submit a patch in our patch tracking system.

• zaWasp

zaWasp - 2009-03-26

Hello abrarov,

Can you please tell me the changes you made to the STLPort files for Windows CE? I've modifed configure.bat so it recognizes wince6, but I'm a bit puzzled about the rest.
      Thank you.

Regards,
      Mircea

• Erwin Zwart

Erwin Zwart - 2010-02-04

I know this is kind of an old post but perhaps someone can add the information needed to build the STLPort for Windows CE 6.0? It would be very helpful for many of us!

Many thanks

• Thomas Mathys

Thomas Mathys - 2010-03-01

I need to compile STLport for Windows CE 6.00 R3 aswell, and from what I've seen by looking at the STLport sources I need to do exactly those modifications you're describing here, so if you could post more information I'd really appreciate it.
    Thanks in advance
    Thomas

• Roland Waltersson

Hi, should the patch work for STLPort 5.1.2 as well? I get lots of error when trying to use the patch files on my Windows machine (cant find files etc).

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2010-11-03

I used STLport 5.1.5.
    Where can I upload the build to provide public access? (shared and static build with tests - 106 МB)

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2010-11-03

to dums:
    > If you think you have successfully ported STLport to a new platform then you can submit a patch in our patch tracking system.
    I haven't time to create a patch (C++ isn't related to my job any more). But I can provide fully working build environment with *.bat-s and all made by me changes (I thought that it was lost but found it today :).

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2010-11-03

I don't use account "abrarov" at sourcefrge.net - I moved to "mabrarov" account.

• Roland Waltersson

Mabrarov, can you post a link or share your build in any way? Thanks!

• Marat Abrarov

Marat Abrarov - 2010-11-04

to rollebolle79:
    Provide me some place to place those 106 МB. I have no any public FTP or file-upload account.
    I can exclude from archive (solid RAR archive with max compression level) built libs, dlls and tests (*.exe) - so it will have size like STLport 5.1.5 source package archive, but You can't test it on emulator without building yourself.
    What about recent versions of STLport - doesn't they support WinCE 6.00?

• Marat Abrarov

Marat Abrarov - 2010-11-05

Thanks to rollebolle79.
    The archive is here: http://sprend.com/download.jsp?FileId=C7d2XS4Tr2aBckssFuVu
    I hope it won't demand the further explanations.

• Erwin Zwart

Erwin Zwart - 2010-11-05

Sorry I downloaded it and it was deleted after that, so I have uploaded it again
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/kgyem6