Menu

Stellarium 15.2 Crashes on Search

Feedback
Anonymous
2017-03-27
2017-03-27
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2017-03-27

I am running the new Stellarium 15.2 on a MacBook Pro 13" Running MacOS 10.11.6 El Capitan. Unfortunately the Search Feature is Now NOT Working. As soon a I type in any Letter, Number or Greek letter into the Search Bar, Stellarium 15.2 Crashes Immediatly. Can Not use the Search Feature at all. Did Not have this problem with 15.1 or any other older version. Something has happened to the Search Feature part of the program for Mac.

Also, one other smaller issue I noticed with Stellarium 15.2 on Mac.
    The Left Side and Bottom Tool Bars Pop Out very Slowly. Sometimes they take 3 - 5 seconds to Pop Out when I hover the Mouse on the Right Side or Bottom of the Screen. With Stellarium 15.1 and older the Tool Bars Poped Out Quickly. When I use the Mouse to make the Tool Bars pop out, Stellarium 15.2 seems to not run as smoothly for a few seconds. It is NOT a computer RAM issue. I quit all other programs, Stellarium 15.2 was the only program running.

Please Fix in the next Stellarium release.

• gzotti

gzotti - 2017-03-27

Are you reporting https://bugs.launchpad.net/stellarium/+bug/1674836 ?

Please check Launchpad before reporting issues.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2017-04-06

Same thing on 64bit Win 10 Laptop... press f3 to open the search... then when you enter the 1st letter, it crashes...

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2017-04-06

This is the 'Workaround as per the above link... I hope it gets fixed... most dark sites don't have internet access...

Workaround: please enable network access for Stellarium or disable use SIMBAD in Search Tool

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2017-10-09

Oh, thank you! Disabling SIMBAD works fine!

• gzotti

gzotti - 2017-10-09

Half a year and 2 releases later, updating is more useful than disabling functionality.

• gzotti

gzotti - 2017-04-06

Don't hope. Try beta.