Hawaiian Starlines

Feedback
Anonymous
2017-01-19
2017-01-19
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2017-01-19

Aloha,

The Celestial Navigation class at Kamehameha Schools on Oahu has developed a sky culture and an associated landscape to assist groups learning to navigate using the Hawaiian Star Lines of the Polynesian Voyaging Society. We are interested in uploading it to possibly have it be a part of future releases. The sky culture is noticably different than the existing Polynesian culture which isn't really polynesian but just a small subset of the Hawaiian version of the navigational lines.

Mahalo,
    Darren Kamalu

P.S. I was also wondering if I could be get some hints at providing the new culture to the users of an apple since the configuration folders are not accessible in the Apple system.

• Alexander Wolf

Alexander Wolf - 2017-01-19

Aloha,

Could you send Hawaiian skyculture direct to me at alex.v.wolf$gmail.com to checking?

I was also wondering if I could be get some hints at providing the new culture to the users of an apple since the configuration folders are not accessible in the Apple system.

Is directory ~/Library/Application Support/Stellarium available for you?

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2017-01-19

I sent the files. I can view the Stellarium Folder in the Application Support folder.

• gzotti

gzotti - 2017-01-19

~/Library/Application Support/Stellarium/skycultures/myHawaii is then the right path. (if your skyculture is called myHawaii, obviously.)

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2017-01-19

There is no skyculture path at present, so you are saying that I make one and put the files there?

• gzotti

gzotti - 2017-01-19

Sure. Please see the manual, section 5.1.2. Chapter 9 describes more on Skyculture making. Sorry, I just see it currently only shows the path for Windows users, but section 5.1.2 should help you.