Menu

Stellarium and VMWare View desktop environment

Feedback
Anonymous
2014-08-08
2014-08-08
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2014-08-08

Has anyone got Stellarium running in a VMWare View virtual desktop environment? Stellarium installs ok, but when run gives a message regarding 3D and OpenGl support. If it is possible to run Stellarium in a VMWare View environment, what would be the requirements to make this happen. We are using PCOIP protocol, and view desktops are running on a HP Server. I am not sure which area needs to be looked at. i.e. does PCOIP require changes, is there a different video card required for the vmware view host? etc. Sorry for all the questions, but I am not sure where to start looking and I have not been able to find any documentation on this or other forums where Stellarium and View are discussed. Thank you.

• Alexander Wolf

Alexander Wolf - 2014-08-08

Are you have installed VMWare Tools?

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2014-08-08

Yes VMWare tools is installed.

• Alexander Wolf

Alexander Wolf - 2014-08-08

Is VMWare support OpenGL 2.1+ and shaders? If it not supported then you should use Stellarium 0.12.4. Or try use MESA version of 0.13.0.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2014-08-08

Thanks for the input. I will take a look at Stellarium 0.12.4. What does MESA standard for?

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2014-08-08

ok I found the MESA version. I also give this a try as well. Thanks. I'll let you know how things go.