2012-12-04
2020-01-06
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2012-12-04

I install the staf for mac version, and finished the installation
    1. Run ./STAFEvn.sh
    2.  run ./startSTAFProc.sh
    3.  run terminal and input staf, it shows:
    dyld: Library not loaded: /opt/dev/autobuild/build/rel/macosx/staf/retail/lib/libSTAF.dylib
      Referenced from: /Users/user/Desktop/Staf/bin/staf
      Reason: image not found
    Trace/BPT trap: 5

• Sharon Lucas

Sharon Lucas - 2012-12-04

You need to source STAFEnv.sh to set the STAF Environment variables in a terminal.  You didn't.

1.  Start STAFProc (you did this correctly):  ./startSTAFProc.sh
    2.  Open a terminal and source STAFEnv.sh to set the STAF Environment variables:
         a.  Change to the directory where you installed STAF (and which contains STAFEnv.sh)
         b.  . ./STAFEnv.sh
         Yes, that's a period, then a space, then a period immediately followed by /STAFEnv.sh
         c. Now the STAF environment variables will be set in this terminal since you sourced STAFEnv.sh.  So, for example, when you do the following, you could see the STAF lib directory in the DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable:
         echo $DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH

Note that If you used the STAF InstallAnywhere installation file to install STAF instead of the .zip file, it can set these STAF Environment variables for the system for you during the installation of STAF.  Otherwise, you have to set the STAF Environment variables in a terminal by sourcing STAFEnv.sh before you can submit a STAF service request, e.g. by using the STAF command line executable.  This is talked about in the STAF Installation Guide at http://staf.sourceforge.net/current/STAFInstall.pdf in section "7 Environment Variable Settings".

• Dhananjay Gundre

I used STAF 3.4.26 installer for MacOS. Installed staf at default location by invoking installer with sudo. Now when I try to start STAF using startSTAFProc.sh then I am getting same error as that of OP.

• Mason Cooper

Mason Cooper - 2020-01-06

For anyone that sees this, I was able to resolve the issue with startSTAFProc.sh on osx by installing coreutils (brew install coreutils) and aliasing nohup (used by startSTAFProc.sh, alias nohup='gnohup' in your ~/.bashrc file).

For me, at least, the problem seems to be caused by a difference between OSX default (BSD) and GNU implementation of nohup, with BSD not passing on the DYLD enviroment variable set by STAFEnv.sh.

• Mason Cooper

Mason Cooper - 2020-01-06

For anyone that sees this, I was able to resolve the issue with startSTAFProc.sh on osx by installing coreutils (brew install coreutils) and aliasing nohup (used by startSTAFProc.sh, alias nohup='gnohup' in your ~/.bashrc file).

For me, at least, the problem seems to be caused by a difference between OSX default (BSD) and GNU implementation of nohup, with BSD not passing on the DYLD enviroment variable set by STAFEnv.sh.