Question about start up a team

Help
Hang
2008-07-04
2012-10-16
  • Hang

Hang - 2008-07-04

Dear all,

I know that if I want to construct a player in the match, I need to send the message"(init TeamName[(version VerNum)]) to the server, then I can see a player in the center. What I want to ask is that if I want to construct a team, 11 players, should I send this message for 11 times? and if I want to construct a opponent team, should I type 11 times more?

The second question is that when the player is constructed in the center, he starts moving immediately, what should I set so that he can only move after I press kick-off?

Thank you.

Regards,
    Hang

• Vegabird Kang

Vegabird Kang - 2008-07-22

1 program (process) represents 1 player. you should invoke your client 11 times, each of them sends inital message independantly. Then, server will assign ID(uniform number) for each player, in reply mesage.

null-terminated might means that your string message should be terminated by '\0' like c-style string.

• Hang

Hang - 2008-07-04

Have a further explanation for the above question:

I send the message "(init TeamName[(version VerNum)])" to the server in player.java, should I make 11 objects from this class? For example:

Player[] player = new player[11];

for i = 0-10
      player[i] = .........

player[i].start();

where start() is executed, the init message will be sent to the server.

is it correct to write this?

Also, I print the received message from the server, I see that some of the messages are "warning message_not_null_terminated", what is the meaning?

Thank you.

Regards,
      Hang