Menu

srec_cat and 16-bit intel hex files

Help
2003-12-08
2004-01-12
  • benjamin j jefferson

i have a question regarding using srecord to create intel hex files.  whenever my file is created, it uses the 32-bit-format records:  04 for "extended linear address record" and 05 for "start linear address record".  we use only 16-bit hex files and our tools do not recognize the 05 record type (it happens to recognize the 04 record type).  is there a way to force the srec_cat to make my output file use only 16-bit-format records?  if not, is this functionality in v1.17?  i have read some of the documentation for v1.17, and we do not use the intel16 that is described in that document.

as a note, i could not get v1.17 compiled with cygwin because it needed an older version of gcc and i did not want to fuss with it.

thanks (i hope someone actually reads this thing).

• Peter Miller

Peter Miller - 2004-01-01

You need version 1.17 or later, it has the feature you need.

• benjamin j jefferson

i see v1.19 has been released (as has v1.18) for *nix.  but i am stuck at work using windoze.  does anyone know when a windoze version will be out for something v1.17 or later?

thanks.

• Maarten Brock

Maarten Brock - 2004-01-12

Hi,

I was wondering the same thing, but then about a Win32 version for v1.19. I need the AOMF file format.

I hope the developers respond as quickly as they did to my RFE for the aomf format in the first place. Many, many thanks for that.

Maarten