Menu

SRanger compile error for recent kernels

gxa
2011-11-07
2012-09-14
  • gxa

gxa - 2011-11-07

Hi all,

I just tried to compile the SRanger project with the latest kernel 3.1.0, and
    got this:

~/SRanger/modules-mk2-2.6.x$ make
    make -C /lib/modules/3.1.0afm/build M=/home/measure/Documents/prog/SRanger/modules-mk2-2.6.x modules
    make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/linux-3.1'
      CC [M]  /home/measure/Documents/prog/SRanger/modules-mk2-2.6.x/usb-sranger_mk2.o
    /home/measure/Documents/prog/SRanger/modules-mk2-2.6.x/usb-sranger_mk2.c:75:28: error: linux/smp_lock.h: No such file or directory
    /home/measure/Documents/prog/SRanger/modules-mk2-2.6.x/usb-sranger_mk2.c: In function ‘sranger_mk2_disconnect’:
    /home/measure/Documents/prog/SRanger/modules-mk2-2.6.x/usb-sranger_mk2.c:1707: error: implicit declaration of function ‘lock_kernel’
    /home/measure/Documents/prog/SRanger/modules-mk2-2.6.x/usb-sranger_mk2.c:1715: error: implicit declaration of function ‘unlock_kernel’
    make[2]: *** [/home/measure/Documents/prog/SRanger/modules-mk2-2.6.x/usb-sranger_mk2.o] Error 1
    make[1]: *** [_module_/home/measure/Documents/prog/SRanger/modules-mk2-2.6.x] Error 2
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-3.1'
    make: *** [default] Error 2

Apparently the problem is the recent removal of the Big Kernel Lock as of
    2.6.39, which made the functions lock_kernel() and unlock_kernel() to vanish
    together with smp_lock.h. Is there any patch to circumvent this issue? I would
    not prefer to downgrade below 2.6.39, if it is avoidable.

Thanks in advance!

• Percy Zahl

Percy Zahl - 2011-11-07

Hi,

you can (and now should) use the newest kernel module you find in the modules-
    mk23-3.0.x folder for all MK2 and MK3 based DSPs! It works with 3.x kernels.

hope this helps.

-P

• gxa

gxa - 2011-11-07

Shame on me, I missed that directory. It works as charm. Thanks!