Menu

Delphi 4 support

2004-03-12
2004-03-23
  • Bob Mitchell

Bob Mitchell - 2004-03-12

Are you planning to do a Delphi 4 version? The present code uses a unit (Contnrs) not in 4, therefore ObjectLists are out. Also problems with getting and setting fields. I have managed to modify the code to get it to work as far as opening a SQLite file and displaying in a grid. But I do not know if my modifications "breaks" the code in some places, or affects your future plans.
    Also database opened read only. I read forum message from another user, but the advice given did not work for me. The SQL expression produced an incorrect syntax message!

• Michał Zaborowski

Yes D4 is (or maybe was;) out of our interests. Please send me your code. I'll check if patch can be done...
      About TObjectList - it can be replaced with TList, but Free method have to be called for every object...
        Can you say more about problems with setting getting fields?

• Bob Mitchell

Bob Mitchell - 2004-03-23

Sorry for delay replying. Saw your reply last weekend (normally only use internet weekends - cheaper!). My alterations were crude, ashamed to send that, also somehow managed to lose them. Now trying to do it properly. As I am only an amateur self-taught programmer, at best only at an intermediate level, it is taking longer than I thought, especially trying to get my head around pointers. Hope to send when done, if it works this time round!

Re SetFieldData, GetFieldData: Delphi 4 does not seem to have support for "NativeFormat" parameter.

Your test project I had to amend also, Delphi 4 uses a different format to "stream" in a form. I have sent the code for a Delphi 4 version of everything in test folder (although only difference is dfm file). This sent to your sourceforge e-mail address.

Regards
      Bob

PS After original message, managed to get a table to open in both read and write mode, once I managed to understand the _ROWID_ in the SELECT statement.