#13 SQLgrey + PostgreSQL memleak

open-accepted
None
5
2007-08-05
2007-03-26
Anonymous
No

Hello,

I'm using SQLgrey 1.7.4 on FreeBSD 6.2 with PostgreSQL 8.2. I was also having it with FreeBSD 6.1 and PostgreSQL 8.0 before the newer (fresh) setup.

The "Postgres" process continually grows in size slowly over time. Restarting SQLgrey fixes this - but it needs to be done pretty much every day.

I googled around for quite some time about this issue - I see there's at least one other person with it. "Andrew Diederich" is also having problems - not sure if he's using FBSD but he's using PGSql+SQLgrey.

There were some remarks on the forums about replacing "prepare_cached" with just "prepare" - I've tried this to no avail.

Discussion

  • Nobody/Anonymous

    Logged In: NO

    Also note - "Andrew Diederich" reported having the problem with SQLgrey 1.6.7.

     
  • Nobody/Anonymous

    Logged In: NO

    Another note - it also seems to cause perl to leak, if that provides any additional hints.

     
  • Lionel Bouton

    Lionel Bouton - 2007-08-05

    Logged In: YES
    user_id=89899
    Originator: NO

    We are still tracking the source of the problem. 1.7.6 and 1.6.8 will have fixes for this.

     
  • Lionel Bouton

    Lionel Bouton - 2007-08-05
    • assigned_to: nobody --> gyver
    • status: open --> open-accepted
     
  • Nobody/Anonymous

    Logged In: NO

    Wonderful to hear it :) - I've had a cron job restarting it daily since submitting this bug report!

     
  • Nobody/Anonymous

    Logged In: NO

    Hello! The problem persists in 1.7.6.

     
  • Lionel Bouton

    Lionel Bouton - 2007-08-28

    Logged In: YES
    user_id=89899
    Originator: NO

    Could people still having this problem post their DBI and DBD version and tell if they use the clean_method = async parameter? Please verify your version with sqlgrey --version too to make sure that you don't have an old version still lying around.

     
  • benc

    benc - 2007-08-28

    Logged In: YES
    user_id=1243352
    Originator: NO

    I've ensured I'm running 1.7.6 (although it has my $VERSION = "" in the file) and also updated my p5-DBI to 1.59. I'm using p5-DBD-Pg 1.49. Haven't tested for the leak since updating DBI - will post again tomorrow.

     
  • benc

    benc - 2007-08-28

    Logged In: YES
    user_id=1243352
    Originator: NO

    My clean_method is 'sync' at the moment.

     
  • Lionel Bouton

    Lionel Bouton - 2007-08-28

    Logged In: YES
    user_id=89899
    Originator: NO

    You definitely shouldn't have 'my $VERSION = ""'. The downloadable tar.bz2 on sourceforge has the correct $VERSION = "1.7.6" line (I just checked), so you *don't* have the proper version.

     
  • Nobody/Anonymous

    Logged In: NO

    Hello,

    I checked and I do have the correct .tar.bz2 - but after executing 'make install' the 1.7.6 disappears out of the sqlgrey file.

    In any case, the leak seems to be gone.

     
  • Lionel Bouton

    Lionel Bouton - 2007-08-29

    Logged In: YES
    user_id=89899
    Originator: NO

    Hum, you found a bug in my packaging...

    Somehow the Makefile doesn't read the VERSION file properly on your system :-(
    It's surprising as it only relies on 'cat' to read it!

    What OS are you using exactly (I'm not sure if you are the original poster with FreeBSD as neither of you authenticated when posting).

     
  • benc

    benc - 2007-08-29

    Logged In: YES
    user_id=1243352
    Originator: NO

    There we are, logged in just for you!

    FreeBSD.

     

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:





No, thanks