Menu

Softsqueeze will not start Windows 7 x64

2010-01-01
2018-05-18
  • Jamie La Croix

Jamie La Croix - 2010-01-01

Installation is successful, when I launch the application I get MSVCR71.dll is missing. I have checked and all file are present, where they belong. I have Softsqueeze installed on the other 5 machines on the network and all are working just this one machine?

Any Ideas or Suggestions will be a great help.

Dragon

• Jamie La Croix

Jamie La Croix - 2010-01-03

I had another idea today, I created an RAR file of my softsqueeze folder and moved that over to this troublesome Windows 7 machine, opened that up overwrote all file and same error.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2010-01-30

So, I figured out how to make this work and thought I'd post it here for the benefit of others that try.  The EXE does NOT work. 

1. Download the java jars (the zip file under softsqueeze files)
    2. Extract them to a folder on the desktop called "ss" (you can put this folder anywhere, actually) 
    3. Then, go get a JRE from http://java.com and install it (just click on Get Java) 
    4. Create a shortcut to cmd.exe (it should be in C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe -> just right click it and chose Send To -> Desktop (create shorcut)
    5. Right click that shortcut -> Properties
    6. Change the target to something like:
    C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /C java -jar SoftSqueeze.jar"
    (if you don't have java in your PATH google how to add it or just put the full path to where your JRE installed)

7. Change the Start in to be something like:
    C:\Users\ehampshi\Desktop\ss
    (or wherever you extracted the softsqueeze.zip)

8. Change Run to Minimized
    9. You can click the Change Icon.. button and browse to the icons folder in the softsqueeze dir (or if you've already installed the windows EXE that program's icons).
    10. Click OK and try it out.

Hope this helps Windows 7 users!

• Owen Rubin

Owen Rubin - 2018-05-18

Thanks anonymous. But I found after setting up Java and setting system environment variables for Java (described in Java's Help Pages), I was able to simply make a shortcut for "SoftSqueeze.jar" and execute that, and the play showed up.

Last edit: Owen Rubin 2018-05-18