Menu

SNARE : Unable to modify the SNARE Network Configuration

Karthik
2013-08-18
2014-05-09
  • Karthik

Karthik - 2013-08-18

Hello Team,

I am unable to modify the network configuration parameters of the SNARE unit to my values. I tried to modify the Destination Snare address and the Destination port and when i clicked on "Change Configuration" , it throwed me an error saying " Invalid Change Token: Request denied ". Could someone please assist me in fixing this as my event logs would stop from this server. Thanks !!

regards,
    Karthik

• Florian

Florian - 2014-05-09

I have the same problem.

Windows 7, SNARE Version 4.0.2.0, Google Chrome Browser

Last edit: Florian 2014-05-09
  • Chris Schubert

Chris Schubert - 2014-05-09

I've seen this issue too. I've had better success with IE than Chrome/Firefox/etc. But if worse comes to worst, you can always modify the config file manually (linux/unix) or edit the registry values manually(Windows). If you do a search, there should be some questions/answers about configuring the SNARE agent via the registry or the conf file. If you can get one working, you can export the registry keys and the apply them via GPO in windows, or just copy over the .conf file for linux/unix.

I realize this doesn't answer your question about the Token error but should at least provide a viable workaround. I don't even enable the WebUI anymore.. :)

Good luck -

Chris

Last edit: Chris Schubert 2014-05-09