Menu

SNAP Clothing

Brand
Bullet Boy
2005-04-28
2013-04-09
  • Bullet Boy

Bullet Boy - 2005-04-28

Yesterday at lunch, javier, xaviero & myself, talked about getting SNAP clothing!. A slick buttoned down shirt with a SNAP logo & Tux, maybe with our names on it. We think it be cool, that way when were roaming around the campus, students can recognize us and asks us stuff about SNAP and Open Source, etc., mainman P.J. Cabrera said that he knew a place where we could get that done for a nice price, i'd also like to have a tux cap, but that's just me. As always, your opinions are more than welcome, dudes!.

Harleys rule by the way!

Bullet Boy

• lenny

lenny - 2005-04-28

Im not up for uniforms but would be fun to have one and  wear it once in a while. I was thinking that more interesting would be some sort of id with a neck band but this has to be reallty cool designed. If you guys agree in making them, PLEASE make soemthing WAY diferent from the AEI

• Bullet Boy

Bullet Boy - 2005-04-28

Of course the idea aren't uniforms, you know, just SNAP clothing, for whoever wants to wear them, whenever. Those id's would be awesome, too. And we CAN'T make 'em like those AEI dudes, they're dorks!.

Bullet Boy

• Bullet Boy

Bullet Boy - 2005-04-28

NOTE: Despite what some may think, my comments on the AEI are all in good fun, i apologize to anyone who is offended in some way by my comments. I have the outmost respect for them as they are our peers and are related to us as far as IT is concerned.

Bullet Boy

• PJ Cabrera

PJ Cabrera - 2005-04-29

Here is the information about the shirts:

http://www.giantrobotprinting.com/faq/

and here is some sample work:

http://www.giantrobotprinting.com/store/

Kevin will remember that artwork. I've already ordered a set. They take Paypal!

• Javier

Javier - 2005-04-29

Count with me in that idea , is going to be awesome!

• Manuel E. Rios

Manuel E. Rios - 2005-04-29

First of all, I'm up for the "clothing"...second, kick ass idea on the id's...third, despite the fact that I am the president to AEI, somehow, those previous comments don't bother me...go figure.

Lenny, are you asking us to design the id's ourselves and give you sample or what?

• lenny

lenny - 2005-04-29

softbrain, I brought it as an alternative so you are more than welcome in taking it to the next level or share your ideas about this or anything else that helps snap.

• Bullet Boy

Bullet Boy - 2005-05-08

If we all agree, let's talk about it and make it happen, who's gonna design the logo?, when are we gonna make the effort to order them?, etc.

• Kevin W. Shockey

Hey guys, whatever happened to this?

What do we want:

- T-Shirts
      - Polos
      - Button Down short sleeve shirts?

Well we have a few designs that we have launched recently, who's up for:

- SNAPPIX 0.7 Rocks! is way cool
      - Lizard action anyone?
      - What about the SNAP Star?

Let's make this happen!!!

• PJ Cabrera

PJ Cabrera - 2005-06-10

I want one of each of the SNAPPIX 0.7 Rocks! t-shirts. They are the best!

• lenny

lenny - 2005-06-10

Everyone the offer is on the table. Im willing to work your desired snap design. I'll make your art happen !! Lets make some cool memorabilia of this outstanding job!!

• PJ Cabrera

PJ Cabrera - 2005-06-10

Careful taking on more work! You're supposed to be making a Duke in broken chains graphic for the LetJavaGo.com site and for the SNAPPIX background graphic for JavaOne. :-)

• lenny

lenny - 2005-06-10

"For JavaOne, I was thinking the splash screen could have a silhouette of
      Duke (the Sun Java mascot) with arms stretched up to the heavens with
      broken chains hanging from his wrists."

Last time I checked that was just a thought and was never confirmed. I was never approached with the task. :/

• Kevin W. Shockey

Uhmm...

Hey Lenny, we need some help! :D

Let me introduce you to my little friend...

Nacho Queso Picante

Duke's long lost cousin from Puerto Rico

It seems with the help of the SNAP Development Center Nacho has been able to break free of the Java trap. He is no longer bound by the chains of intolerance and oppression.

I'll post a few pictures of what Nacho might look like int he action item tracker. I'll create a new item and post them there.

• lenny

lenny - 2005-06-10

snap's graphics pool open for a limited time for the clothing mayhem. Go check it out! mix it up to your liking and make a memorable item.

- funky lines cuzz straight lines aint no fun -

http://snapplatform.org/graphics/dir.php

• PJ Cabrera

PJ Cabrera - 2005-06-10

How about only "SNAPPIX Rocks" and the URL, with no version number. Because we're going to be putting out 0.75 for JavaOne, with some new content and graphics.

And SNAPPIX rocks all the time, not just version 0.7 :-)

• Kevin W. Shockey

It really wouldn't take much to setup a CafePress store either, we could offer SNAPPIX Rocks T-Shirts and Caps I think within about a week or so.

Check out some high level instructions:

http://www.cafepress.com/cp/info/sell/images/

• lenny

lenny - 2005-06-10

how abou tleave it as it is. I think the 7 makes the graphic way more interesting. Wether we change it to v0.75, v0.78 or whatever under v0.7 still fit in the design. BUT unless you want to use it for all versions over v0.7 like v0.8, v0.9,v1.0 , then than would go for it. 

• Javier

Javier - 2005-06-10

Polos with the Snappix Rocks !! like pj said the 0.7v it's not the only that is going to be out Snappix rocks in every way

• Pedro

Pedro - 2005-06-10

i like that guy Nacho Queso Picante ( i dont even know him ;) ) anyway i agree with PJ and Terry about the polo's stuff and the Snappix keeps rocking YEAH!!!!!!

• Kevin W. Shockey

I'm going to start working on the CafePress store this weekend. Myabe by Monday we'll be able to order some shirts.

Sweet!

• PJ Cabrera

PJ Cabrera - 2005-06-11

Dude!

• Bullet Boy

Bullet Boy - 2005-06-13

The CafePress is just the thing i had in mind, and it's really sweet kev, nice job!. 

• PJ Cabrera

PJ Cabrera - 2006-10-19

LOL, no worries guys. That's just Lenny testing out a way to post code in SF forums for a support question he had for another project. He didn't want to post something that looked bad and look silly.

I told him to test it out in our forums, and that I'd delete his posts. But SF probably sent out the forum monitoring emails before I deleted them. :-)