Menu

Really? Countdown timer? Ads? Really?

Help
2009-01-26
2013-05-23
  • James Gamble

James Gamble - 2009-01-26

So I love this product, and I just downloaded version 2.0 of it. Now each time I launch it, I've got to wait 10 seconds before I can actually access the application. And once it's open, there are ads in the main window. I'm more than willing to pay for the software, but I'm not willing to use this software in the state it's currently in.

Please resolve this, or you're going to loose a lot of faithful fans of this application.

• Benjamin John

Benjamin John - 2009-01-26

Yeah, what's with the stupid timer?
      Boo..

• Roger

Roger - 2009-01-26

SCCM Client Center is an OpenSource project. You are free to download the code and remove the countdown and ads. Your are also free to redistribute the changes by folowing the specification from the GPL License... (by the way, Ctrl + Alt + F4 terminates the popup :-).

As you can see in the Wiki Page (<http://smsclictr.wiki.sourceforge.net/Product+Types>), there will be a commercial AddOn with some additional features. This AddOn allows companies to request a customized version based on their requirements... The problem is currently that the AddOn is still in progress and the pricing and ordering method is not clear... but it will follow...

And I promise that every "fan" who provides a constructive constribution will get the AddOn for free... :-)

Regards

Roger

• Roger

Roger - 2009-01-27

Sorry, Alt + F4 does close the popup...