#593 Arabic characters appear disconnected in subtitles

stable
open
nobody
None
5
2016-01-15
2013-10-24
No

Most characters of the same word in Arabic script are connected. The latest version of SMPlayer shows Arabic subtitles with each character separated making substitles unreadable, whether using SSA/ASS library or the normal subtitles.

Discussion

  • Ricardo Villalba

    It would be very useful if you can send a sample srt and a screenshot of how the text should look.

     
  • Ricardo Villalba

    I think in my computer the subtitles are displayed correctly, although I had to disable the SSA/ASS subtitles (with it the text is reversed).

    This is in ubuntu 12.04, using smplayer 0.8.6 (svn r5929) and mplayer r34540.

    I tested also in Windows with the same result.

     
  • Muhammad Fawwaz Orabi

    Yes they are display correctly on your machine.
    I tried the normal subtitles but nothing changes, they are still disconnected.
    SMPlayer 0.8.6 (from fedora 19 repos) using MPlayer SVN r36171

     

Log in to post a comment.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:





No, thanks