One of the most useful features that separates SMPlayer from the other projects out there is the ability to find and download subtitles from opensubtitles.org.
However, this features does not work anymore. SMPlayer can find the subtitles, but when you doubleclick one of them, a progress bar appears and when it reaches 89%, it says "Download failed". It seems from the source code, that this error is given both on a download error, but also if some other error occurs, e.g. if extraction failed.
I have tried this with several videos, and it does not work for any of them. I have tried copying the URL that SMPlayer finds and then manually downloading the URL and extract the subtitles. Then I load the subtitles with "Load subtitles" and it works just fine.
It seems that the opensubtitles API has changed.
Log in to post a comment.