Menu

Web ticket request failed; Skype for Business 2016 / Lync (Windows 10)

Help
Abhijit T
2016-05-31
2016-06-09
  • Abhijit T

Abhijit T - 2016-05-31

Hi all,

I've been trying to setup pidgin on my Windows 10 machine for use with Skype for Business. I have followed instructions primarily from here but the problem seems to persist and I getting the same error : Web ticket request to https://000dcy1sb2we3.<company name="">:443/CertProv/CertProvisioningService.svc failed.

I've tried changing my username / login to several different combinations of username@company.com domain\username and domain\username@company.com. I've also changed the User Agent to several different values but it doesn't seem to solve the issue.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,
    Abhijit

• Abhijit T

Abhijit T - 2016-05-31

• Stefan Becker

Stefan Becker - 2016-05-31

Please use the official [How to setup an account] documentation. Most other pages out on the internet are either outdated or plain wrong.

You forgot to enable --debug mode in Pidgin, therefore the debug log doesn't show anything.

Related

Wiki: How to setup an account

• Stefan Becker

Stefan Becker - 2016-05-31

Guessing from the names in your log I assume you are a M$ employee using M$ internal corporate Lync installation. So the initial setup attempt I would try would be:

• create empty account
    • Username: <account>@microsoft.com
    • User Agent: see table in [Frequently Asked Questions] (Lync 2016 might require a new value, any pointers are appreciated)
    • Use Single Sign-On: selected (preferred setting for Windows users)

Everything else should be empty or the default settting.

Related

Wiki: Frequently Asked Questions

• Abhijit T

Abhijit T - 2016-06-09

Thanks a lot Stefan.

A combination of your suggestions along with using NTLM as the authentication scheme finally made it work for me.

Thanks a lot for the help!

Regards,
    Abhijit