Menu

Small fonts (interface) and Compile error on 2.9-sr1 on Windows 10

Anonymous
2019-01-31
2019-07-03
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2019-01-31

Hi,

When I open up SimulIDE the entire interface is in very small fonts. I have figured out how to make the editor larger, but the Components Tab, Serial Monitor, Compiler window, etc. are very small. How to I make the whole interface use larger fonts. I have attached a picture below (I already increased the Editor Font size).

Also, when compiling a basic scetch (Blink), it compiles, but then fails with the below error.

Loading configuration...
    Initializing packages...
    Index error: could not find referenced tool name=avr-gcc version=4.8.1-arduino5 packager=arduino
    Preparing boards...
    Verifying...

ERROR!!! Compilation Faliled

What am I missing? (This is Windows 10).

Thanks!

• Santiago

Santiago - 2019-01-31

Interface size in diferent screens is something that i need to work on.
    By now there is no solution if you use high dpi screen.

About compiling:
    Can you compile in Arduino IDE?
    Wich Arduino version are you using?

Regards.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2019-01-31

Thanks, Santiago!

I solved my compile issues. I was getting a file cerificate error for the once of the board Json files. I removed the cached ones which force the Arduino IDE to re-download them, and I can compile in SImulIDE now.

Bummer on the interface size. I was hoping that it was fixed in 3.1. On my laptop is basically un-usable. I have the use the "Magifier" application in windows to enlarge parts of the screen, etc.

Any quick fix that you could add to 3.1 for this issue?

I'll become a Patreon so I can get 3.1, if you can come up with a fix! :)

Thanks!

Matt

• Santiago

Santiago - 2019-02-01

As far as i know it should look good in a normal laptop screen, and small in a 4k screen.
    Also depends in how you configure your desktop dpi.

But now watching the picture again, fonts in the circuit look ok, is it zoomed?

The only solution i can think at the moment is making interface font size configurable, wich is a good idea, that's not a quick fix, but it could be included in next RC that will be ready in a few days.

Regards.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2019-02-01

Yes the circuit area is zoomed in like the editor. My laptop has a high dpi display so I think your right

I'm joining your patreon. Your quick answers have sold me. I really like the tool and see that it has alot of potential.

Great work!

• Santiago

Santiago - 2019-02-01

Thank you very much.

• Santiago

Santiago - 2019-02-07

Hi Matt.
    There is a quick fix for interface font scale in last RC.
    Forgot to mention that you need restart simulide to change scale.

This needs somo more work, but i think at least this way it will be more usable.

Regards.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2019-06-14

I heave the same problem when i compile a blink sketch. I try upgrade and downgrade the arduino IDE but didn´t solve. Above the error log.

"C:\Users\paulo\Downloads\arduino-PR-beta1.9-BUILD-107\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-size" -A C:/Users/paulo/AppData/Local/simulide/codeeditor/buildIno/teste.ino.ino.elf

Sketch uses 930 bytes (2%) of program storage space. Maximum is 32256 bytes.

Global variables use 9 bytes (0%) of dynamic memory, leaving 2039 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2048 bytes.

Loading configuration...
    Initializing packages...
    Index error: could not find referenced tool name=avr-gcc version=4.8.1-arduino5 packager=arduino
    Preparing boards...
    Verifying...

ERROR!!! Compilation Faliled

Error Compiling...

Debbuger Stopped

• Santiago

Santiago - 2019-06-14

You are using a beta version of Arduino IDE.
    Have you tried with last Arduino IDE release: ARDUINO 1.8.9 ?

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2019-06-14

initially it was with version 1.8.9, then downgraded to version 1.6.12, the problem continued, I upgraded to 1.9.beta and the problem remained.
    PS. I use win7-64 and simulide 0.3.10-SR2-win32, i try with SR1 too.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2019-07-02

hi, You can helpme ? how I do this.

I solved my compile issues. I was getting a file cerificate error for the once of the board Json files. I removed the cached ones which force the Arduino IDE to re-download them, and I can compile in SImulIDE now.