Menu

SimplyHTML recent version?

Anonymous
2010-10-10
2013-02-28
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2010-10-10

Hey,
    I try to include freemind and/or freeplane into fedora. Due to the guidelines of fedora it is not allowed to ship bundled *.jar files or classes. Therefor I need to resolve all dependencies, which I nearly finished. I already packaged Simplyhtml and it is alread available through the repos.
    The real question to me is now: Why does freeplane and freemind ship a more current version of Simplyhtml with their complete Windows installation than the version which is available here.
    Freeplane ships 0.13.6 and freemind 0.13.5, do those projects use their own implementation? I just would like to include the Simplyhtml version which is bundled with the two projects. I hope someone could point me to a solution…

• Dimitry Polivaev

Hey,

both FreeMind and Freeplane use source code from the CVS repository of this project with the corresponding tags. They do not make any changes.  I can make a binary release any time it is required.

Kind regards,
    Dimitry

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2010-10-16

Hey,
    I don't know if there is much changed in those cvs version and what they might improve.
    I just was kind of baffled by this version mix and I think it is kind of a sysiphos task to get java projects into distros properly because I need to remove all bundled libraries and add those libraries as independent packages to the distro. I think this is a problem nearly all java projects have and what is imho a major shortcoming, even if it is only linux/unix specific….

Kind regards,

johannes

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2010-10-26

Hey,

besides the fact that it isn't mainly your problem to get it into any distro. ;)
    I would like to ask if a release is possible.
    Thanks in advance!

Johannes