Great project, Shrimp is a really cool tool. It is very usable "as-is" too. The shading models are amazing as well, thanks a lot rconstruct and others who helped gather and adopt them all to Shrimp.
Here's a list of some suggestions/feature requests (in no particular order):
- add the ability to delete (add is already there) input/output boxes
- delete with del key and don't use a dialog box to ask permission, or leave an option to turn the dialogue box off
- zoom+pan using Houdini and/or Maya mouse/keyboard combos (especially zoom, middlemouse wheel sucks imho).
- middlemouse click to get Houdini-style popup containing node's and connection knob's code (while at it, ctrl+click to get the description)
- double click to open the code-edit window on connection knobs and node body
- change type of last connection knob you are connecting to, not the type of connection knob you're pulling from (ie. if you connect Cs to a multiply change that multiply input to color, same as it is already the case if you connect something into a node's output).
- add user parameter node, perhaps that a user can directly type into by double clicking. Also, you might use the first string before "=" as the node's name so that user doesn't have to manually rename (uniform float Fx=0.2; use "Fx" as node name. You might also use the 2nd string to the left of "=" to automatically determine the output box type).
- Add pre-world, post-world rib text windows that we can paste rib code into.
Hope these sound like something someone else but me would like.
Again, thanks for a great tool. A+