Menu

Help with compiling

Help
Anonymous
2010-03-07
2013-04-16
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2010-03-07

I am trying to compile the msinkclient src files per instructions provided. I am running Ubuntu 9.10 on an HP TC1100. I have set up the IIs server and quite frankly SHIP is working but when I launch my ink.sh file to run the input panel I get an error which reads:

MS Ink Library not found: Unable to load library 'msinkclient': libmsinkclient.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I have to assume that this is because I did not compile the stuff in msinkclient as instructed although the input panel works nonetheless. I was able to cmake with no problem, but the make was a problem. This is the output from my failed make.

/usr/bin/cmake -H/home/alphamom/msinkclient -B/home/alphamom/msinkclient -check-build-system CMakeFiles/Makefile.cmake 0
    /usr/bin/cmake -E cmake_progress_start /home/alphamom/msinkclient/CMakeFiles /home/alphamom/msinkclient/CMakeFiles/progress.make
    make -f CMakeFiles/Makefile2 all
    make: Entering directory `/home/alphamom/msinkclient'
    make -f dist/lib/CMakeFiles/msinkclient.dir/build.make dist/lib/CMakeFiles/msinkclient.dir/depend
    cd /home/alphamom/msinkclient && /usr/bin/cmake -E cmake_depends "Unix Makefiles" /home/alphamom/msinkclient /home/alphamom/msinkclient/src/lib /home/alphamom/msinkclient /home/alphamom/msinkclient/dist/lib /home/alphamom/msinkclient/dist/lib/CMakeFiles/msinkclient.dir/DependInfo.cmake -color=
    make: Leaving directory `/home/alphamom/msinkclient'
    make -f dist/lib/CMakeFiles/msinkclient.dir/build.make dist/lib/CMakeFiles/msinkclient.dir/build
    /usr/bin/cmake -E cmake_progress_report /home/alphamom/msinkclient/CMakeFiles 1
    Building C object dist/lib/CMakeFiles/msinkclient.dir/msinkclient.c.o
    cd /home/alphamom/msinkclient/dist/lib && /usr/bin/gcc  -Dmsinkclient_EXPORTS -fPIC -I/home/alphamom/msinkclient/src/lib/../include   -Wall -O2 -o CMakeFiles/msinkclient.dir/msinkclient.c.o   -c /home/alphamom/msinkclient/src/lib/msinkclient.c
    /home/alphamom/msinkclient/src/lib/msinkclient.c:10:21: error: confuse.h: No such file or directory
    /home/alphamom/msinkclient/src/lib/msinkclient.c: In function ‘get_msinkservice_configuration’:
    /home/alphamom/msinkclient/src/lib/msinkclient.c:36: error: ‘cfg_opt_t’ undeclared (first use in this function)
    /home/alphamom/msinkclient/src/lib/msinkclient.c:36: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
    /home/alphamom/msinkclient/src/lib/msinkclient.c:36: error: for each function it appears in.)
    /home/alphamom/msinkclient/src/lib/msinkclient.c:36: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘opts’
    /home/alphamom/msinkclient/src/lib/msinkclient.c:44: error: ‘cfg_t’ undeclared (first use in this function)
    /home/alphamom/msinkclient/src/lib/msinkclient.c:44: error: ‘cfg’ undeclared (first use in this function)
    /home/alphamom/msinkclient/src/lib/msinkclient.c:45: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘cfg_init’
    /home/alphamom/msinkclient/src/lib/msinkclient.c:45: error: ‘opts’ undeclared (first use in this function)
    /home/alphamom/msinkclient/src/lib/msinkclient.c:46: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘cfg_parse’
    /home/alphamom/msinkclient/src/lib/msinkclient.c:50: error: ‘CFG_SUCCESS’ undeclared (first use in this function)
    /home/alphamom/msinkclient/src/lib/msinkclient.c:54: error: ‘CFG_FILE_ERROR’ undeclared (first use in this function)
    /home/alphamom/msinkclient/src/lib/msinkclient.c:58: error: ‘CFG_PARSE_ERROR’ undeclared (first use in this function)
    /home/alphamom/msinkclient/src/lib/msinkclient.c:68: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘cfg_free’
    make: ***  Error 1
    make: ***  Error 2
    make: ***  Error 2

Sorry to add so much information, but if  you could point me in the right direction I would be most appreciative.

• Bret Comstock Waldow

Hello,

Thanks for the report.  The problem has to do with the MSInkClient component of the MSInkService.  I have entered a ticket and started a help topic in that project.  You can find more information there.

Please add any further information or comments there so others can benefit from them.

Thanks