Menu

Drag and drop only as admin

Help
2006-09-19
2012-12-07
  • Nobody/Anonymous

Hi!
    Extracting files with drag and drop works fine if i'am logged in as an administrator but as a normal user i only see that 'not possible sign' if i try to drag a file from an archive to a folder.
    Whats wrong? Is this a general problem or is something wrong with my system?
    Is there something i can do to make this work?

Using XP SP2 and 7z4.42 (was the same with 4.2x; i upgraded to see if it works now)

• Nobody/Anonymous

So nobody has any idea?
      Are u all working with admin privileges or is this drag and drop to extract files working for u with a limited user account too?
      I tried it on my second pc and had the same problem.
      So please tell me is this a (maybe known) bug or is it working for the rest of the world except of me?

• Nobody/Anonymous

Hello everyone,

I do not encounter this problem.
      Maybe you have set temp-directory to admin-account or something similar?
      From where to where do you d & d (explorer, 7-zipFM,...?)

Best regards!

• Nobody/Anonymous

Hi and thanks for your reply!

Good to know that it should work.
      I d&d from the 7zipFM to the desktop or to a explorer window. The moment i leave the 7zip-window the mousepointer changes to that not possible sign an thats it.
      With the temp-setting u mean that setting at the 7-zip plugin preferences page? That is set to system default. But if i change it to a an other folder it does not work either.
      If i d&d to an other window like notepad.exe the mousepointer changes to the correct sign so d&d would work in this case (but notepad then says that the system cant find the given path)
      Thats all very strange particularly because it happens on both of my PCs.

I would be happy about every hint.
      So long!

• Nobody/Anonymous

Drag and drop don't work at all for me in 4.43B. Even logged in as admin.