Menu

opening movie compressed with 7z

Help
2006-12-22
2012-12-07
  • Nobody/Anonymous

OK Im a lamer and I admit it... someone sent me a movie 7z compressed... only a short one... 3 files... I extracted it and it went to a folder with a 7 on it... but how the hell do I play it... nothing I have will run it... do I need to convert it with something... most of the stuff I have is rar and it just opens to an avi file and it plays... what am I doing wrong [not unusual for me]   or what am I missing.... looked through the info files and the forum but missed any mention of this... but then most people who come here know a little something of what they are talking about... wish I could say the same about me...

Thanks for the help in advance

Geo

• Nobody/Anonymous

Hello everyone,

either I'm blind or you didn't mention the format of the files you extracted.
      If you really extracted them successfully out of a .7z-file, they need a player. But this has nothing to do with 7-Zip. Take MediaPlayerClassic or mplayer.
      If you unpacked them out of another archive-type (for instance .zip) and now they are on your harddrive in .7z-format you need 7-Zip to unpack them further.
      Please make more clear what we are talking about.

Best regards!

• Nobody/Anonymous

"Take MediaPlayerClassic or mplayer."

Right. "MPLAYER" is better.

http://www.mplayerhq.hu

Or VLC player.

BTW: "a movie 7z compressed"

It is a really BAD idea to "compress" a movie with an archiver :-(

• Nobody/Anonymous

seriously, why act stupid? He is saying that he got a movie that was compressed for the net delivery with 7zip... obviously it is a volume... how do u uncompress it to the one movie file?