Menu

Trace Archive

2010-01-12
2013-04-10
  • Deniz Koellhofer

Hi,

I was reading through the various submission guidelines for SRA (like NCBI-SRA, EBI-Read Archive) and was trying to figure out what information they require in the SRF files.

The documentation is not too clear about whether signal intensities and noise information has to be included or if sequence & quality information suffice.

I was just wondering if anyone has experience in submitting Illumina SRF files to any of the archives above and tell me what information has to be packaged into the files.

Thanks,
    Deniz

• Rob Davies

Rob Davies - 2010-01-21

Currently for SRF submissions they accept raw traces and noise data.  In theory you should be able to leave the noise data out, but at the moment this will cause your submission to stall (in the EBI at least) as they currently expect to see it.  Hopefully this problem will be fixed in the not too distant future.

So, at the moment you can either submit raw signal + noise and everything should work OK but you will waste a lot of space. Or you can just send raw signal and put up with the submissions getting stalled for a while until the software that the archives use to process it gets fixed.