Show specific rule in reference links?

BASE-user
Chris Ryan
2008-09-23
2013-06-03
  • Chris Ryan

Chris Ryan - 2008-09-23

Hi,

after spending some time working with BASE, i've got something like a feature proposal.
    It's pretty usefull to have the full text string of an alerting rule in mind when analysing its alarms.

It's not a problem to grep 'em myself, but an integration into the reference link system of base would make it faster and accessable through http(s) without the need of a shell account.

The SID of a rule is known, and a local file search for (not *in*) the local signature files is implemented as well. I have something like a "grep -r SID <path_to_rules>" in mind, but have no idea how complex the reference system in base really is and how diificult the affordable changes are.

It's just a proposal anyway ;o)

Cheers,
    Chris.

• Kevin Johnson

Kevin Johnson - 2008-09-23

Sounds like a decent idea.  The reference system is not very complex.  I can look at this in my spare time or someone with more time is welcome to it. :)

Kevin

• Juergen Leising

Juergen Leising - 2008-09-29

Hello Chris,

done in CVS.  You will most probably run into permission problems.  So  I recommend you copy your rules directory directly into the base directory and make it readable and executable for "others".

Then set the "local_rules_dir" in base_conf.php accordingly.  A "[rule]" should appear as a result.

Bye, bye

Juergen

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks