Multiple DB and BASE instances

BASE-user
Volkov
2009-04-15
2013-06-03
  • Volkov

Volkov - 2009-04-15

Hi,
    We have several offices with snort sensors and now I’m thinking about central logging and monitoring. I want to make one central DB server with several databases each for every office. Office #1 have database snort#1 and so on. But the problem appeared with monitoring. I want to make different people to monitor different databases and snort events, so I think that we need different BASE instances one for every database. BASE#1 monitors db snort#1 and so on.
    So the question is: How can I make different BASE instances work with one DB Server and different database?

Thanks for your replies.

• CrackerJack9

CrackerJack9 - 2009-04-15

You just have to configure each of the base_conf.php files to point to their corresponding Snort DBs

• Volkov

Volkov - 2009-04-15

Did I understand  right, that for each database I need to install one more BASE on separate host and configure base_conf.php? If so, is there any way to consolidate on one host different BASE installations?
        Now I have 5 databases and it is quite expensive to have separate host for every BASE installation.

• Kevin Johnson

Kevin Johnson - 2009-04-15

All you have to do is install it into different paths on the web server. 

Kevin

• CrackerJack9

Kevin's right, I didn't specify.

You can have as many BASE instances on the same Apache server as you can handle - in different directories, virtual directories or even each under a separate instance of Apache if you'd like.

Just configure each of their base_conf.php files to point to the correct DB/Schema for each

• CrackerJack9

Kevin's right, I didn't specify.

You can have as many BASE instances on the same Apache server as you can handle - in different directories, virtual directories or even each under a separate instance of Apache if you'd like.

Just configure each of their base_conf.php files to point to the correct DB/Schema for each

• Rhomboid

Rhomboid - 2009-06-12

I did this and there seems to be some blocking issue with databases when performing multiple operations in different instances. For example, deleting a large number of alerts in one instance and simply trying to use another to view events. Yet, using other PHP/MySQL applications concurrently I don't see any blocking with those and there's barely any load on the machine. Is this perhaps some limitation in adodb or another library BASE is using?

• john rocks

john rocks - 2009-07-08

hello,can some one tell me that how create db instances and structures in oracle9i.

<a href="http://administrationjobsuk.com/administration-work">administration job</a>

Johnrocks

• john rocks

john rocks - 2009-07-08

hello,can some one tell me that how create db instances and structures in oracle9i.

[url=http://administrationjobsuk.com/administration-work]administration job[/url]

Johnrocks