Menu

Bluegiga C SDK

Help
2016-02-09
2016-02-10
  • Kenny Kuchera

Kenny Kuchera - 2016-02-09

Hi, I'm currently using a Bluegiga BLE112 which contains the CC2540 bluetooth tranceiver which contains a 8051. There are 2 common ways this device is used, 1) through a scripting language (bgscript) which runs on the device, and 2) via UART commands coming from e.g an MCU. On their website they state that there is a third option which is to do on-module C programming with IAR embedded workbench. They have a C sdk for this which I put in a request for. From my understanding, IAR workbench is just a compiler, so it appears to me that using the sdk with a different compiler should work without any issues? Is this correct or am I missing something? Has anyone tried this by chance? The reason I ask is cause they've explicitly said that they "only support the IAR toolchain". Thanks!

• Philipp Klaus Krause

The standard C stuff should compile with any reasonably standards-compliant compiler.
    The SDK might use some IAR-specific extensions. Most likely though, these would be easy to port to SDCC-specific extensions (e.g. the keywords for an interrupt handler being placed before vs. after the function name or something like that).

Philipp

• Frieder Ferlemann

Most likely the SDK contains some binary only library files. IAR uses a different parameter passing convention and library format than SDCC. If Bluegiga specifically only supports IAR and not e.g. Keil or SDCC this could mean be quite some work ahead.