Segmentation Fault - core dumped sadc

Help
Anonymous
2010-01-27
2013-04-29
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2010-01-27

Hello,

I downloaded Sarmon and followed the instructions are per found on the site http://www.geckotechnology.com/sarmon, specifically following:

Replace /usr/lib/sa/sadc, /usr/bin/sar, timex, sag (MT Note: sag doesn’t exist in the files you supplied?) by the ones inside the bin/ directory. Make sure you take a backup of the original executables!

Now when I try and run ./sadc 5 5 test it looks to run OK, however then once it finishes it errors with “Segmentation Fault – core dumped”? I tried just downloading the files to usr/sarmon and running ‘sadc 5 5 test’ however, the exact same error occurred.

Have you seen this error before? If so, perhaps I have missed a step or need to change my configuration a little bit?

Server Specs (from uname –a): SunOS <machine> 5.10 Generic_141444_09 sun4v sparc SUNW, T5140

SarMon Version: SPARC Binary v1.01

If you need any more information, please let me know.  Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Michael

• Guy

Guy - 2010-02-03

hi Michael,

Sorry just found your message. I am about to release v1.02 with full support of RRD. Yet I am interesting to know what is wrong with v1.01.  Using the "contact" link on GeckoTechnology page (top left), can you :
    - set environment variable NMONDEBUG to 1, for example in ksh you can use 'export NMONDEBUG=1'
    - run './sadc 5 4 test1'
    - paste console output
    - paste content of nmon file
    - also if you have gdb installed on your machine, just run 'gdb ./sadc core' , and then at the prompt type 'bt', if you could also paste the output

thanks very much again for your support, appreciate it.

guy

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2010-03-15

Hi Guy,

I just updated to version 1.02 and copied the sadc file into usr/local/Testing then ran it ./sadc 5 5 test and it runs fine.  When I get a chance I will repeat the steps with v1.01 and send you the data so you can debug accordingly.

Thanks for your reply, very much appreciated.

Michael.