Menu

saberWeb

Help
ddmcse
2006-10-06
2013-04-29
  • ddmcse

ddmcse - 2006-10-06

i don't see  login information. i assume the way to setup data is via the web connection .i stuffed the tables from the sample zip file into the apro mysql folder but didn't see any data to play with . i added a user or two via mysql and see the users in the sndcs clients now so all is working i just need to setup data thank you

• Seth Remington

Seth Remington - 2006-10-08

That is definately an oversight in the docs. I will fix it right away. The default login info to DCS Web is:

user: administrator
      passwd: admin

BTW, version 1.0 used to have sample data in a zip file but 2.0 doesn't anymore.

-Seth

• ddmcse

ddmcse - 2006-10-09

outstanding . that works
      as i check out the available opitons to setup , the "time" tab errors:
      " File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/sndcs/GeneratedPy/GenLaborHed.py", line 127, in setStartStamp [edit]
          raise TypeError, 'expecting datetime type (e.g., datetime.datetime), but got value %r of type %r instead' % (value, type(value))
      TypeError: expecting datetime type (e.g., datetime.datetime), but got value '2006-10-06 16:21:23' of type <type 'str'> instead

i did punch in some data by hand and wonder if i messed up a table . i got errors with this field as i entered employees  by hand and blew it off and now i see it's related to my time error . maybe i just need to change my field data type on the mysql server

• Seth Remington

Seth Remington - 2006-10-09

Out of curiosity do you have the Python module mx.DateTime installed. The code is supposed to work with or without it but it does different things depending on if it is installed or not.

We're you editing a time record when you got this error or did you just click on the tab to view teh page when it came up?

One other thing I see is that you are using Python 2.3 and there are a couple of thing in DCS that require 2.4.

• ddmcse

ddmcse - 2006-10-10

i do not know for sure about the time module. i ripped out python 2.3 and now i'm on python 2.4
      sndcs2httpd on start says Address already in use or i get the pid file is already created please remove and restart. i've run through the whole install trying to patch it back together but i'm missing something . i might be better off trying on another pc since i've got this one pretty confused and me too.
      pyro 3.5
      webware 0.9.2
      sndcs 2.0.2
      python 2.4

• Seth Remington

Seth Remington - 2006-10-10

I wouldn't do anything as drastic as switch to a new box just yet. we can figure this out I believe :)

First, check if anything is already binding to port 8080 (assuming you left the port to the default in the config) by running the command "netstat -l | grep 8080". If you are running Tomcat on that server it also binds to 8080 by default.

Next, let's see if you can start DCS Web manually (instead of through init scripts). Make sure the DCS server (sndcsd) is started first and then try to run the command "/usr/share/sndcs/web/AppServer" as root. If it starts correctly you will see a bunch of output fly by ending with something like:

Listening for Adapter on ('172.16.0.167', 8086)
        Listening for HTTP on ('172.16.0.167', 8080)
        Ready (1.83 seconds after launch).

You should then be able to connect to whatever it says after "Listening for HTTP on" (i.e. http://172.16.0.167:8080\)

• ddmcse

ddmcse - 2006-10-10

netstat results: nothing running on 8080 or 8086 defaults used .
      sndcsd returns:
      [root@LTSN ddunn]# sndcsd
      Traceback (most recent call last):
        File "/usr/bin/sndcsd", line 4, in ?
          import Pyro
      ImportError: No module named Pyro

/usr/share/sndcs/web/AppServer returns:

Creating 10 threads..........
      Listening for Adapter on 10.27.47.8:8086
      Listening for HTTP on 10.27.47.8:8080
      Ready (0.27 seconds after launch).

hitting http://10.27.47.8:8080 returns:

File "./WebKit/Application.py", line 477, in dispatchRawRequest [edit]
        File "./WebKit/Application.py", line 539, in runTransaction [edit]
        File "./WebKit/URLParser.py", line 69, in findServletForTransaction [edit]
        File "./WebKit/URLParser.py", line 297, in parse [edit]
      KeyError: 'default'

down the page further

serverSidePath     "(exception during method call: AttributeError: 'HTTPRequest' object has no attribute '_serverSidePath')"
      running:
      [root@LTSN ddunn]# /usr/share/sndcs/web/sndcs2httpd start

Starting sndcs2httpd ... done
      [root@LTSN ddunn]#

running :
      sndcs_gtk
        File "/usr/bin/sndcs_gtk", line 8, in ?
          import gtk
      ImportError: No module named gtk

i've got some dependency issues with python 2.4 , mysqldb or py gtk

• ddmcse

ddmcse - 2006-10-10

ok from the top again

webware
      1.clean.py
      2. install.py
      3. install looks successful
      4. access website at http://127.0.0.1:8080 works

Pyro 3.5
      1.setup.py
      in bin = y
      installed dir = default

sndcs
      1. configure_sndcs.py
      install = both
      install docs= N
      Server Config section:
      webware path = /var/www/html/Webware0.9.2
      db type = mysql
      db host = 10.27.47.8

you do not have MySQLdb python module installed
      auto pyro = Y
      blah blah accept defaults .
      that is a problem but i'm not sure how to fix it or with what version of mysql python
      i have installed MySql-python 0.9.2-4mdk

• Seth Remington

Seth Remington - 2006-10-10

What distro are you running? From the name of the MySQLdb package you have installed it looks like it is Mandrake. I'm not very familiar with Mandrake in particular but if you installed the MySQL-python package when you have python 2.3 installed it most likely installed it in /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/MySQLdb. Python packages get installed in different places depending on which python version they are for. So if you install a new version of python you have to re-install all of the packages you want to use with the new version. You might try re-installing that MySQL-python package.

If that doesn't work it looks like this RPM is built for python2.4

http://rpms.mandrivaclub.com/rpms/mandriva/official/10.2/i586/media/contrib/MySQL-python-1.0.0-1mdk.i586.html

• ddmcse

ddmcse - 2006-10-11

thanks for the link i was trying to compile 1.2.1 and ran into issues .
      mysql-python 1.0.2 installed and got me back to logon webpage using Administrator and Admin i get pyro errors such as this
      File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/Pyro/core.py", line 381, in getProxyForURI

pyro is installed
      i must have another 2.4 python support package out of place
      can you tell me what additional python2.4 packages i might need

• Seth Remington

Seth Remington - 2006-10-11

There shouldn't be anything other than Webware, Pyro, and the database wrapper(MySQLdb in your case). Can you please post the entire traceback from the error page you are getting.

• ddmcse

ddmcse - 2006-10-11

don't i need some py-gtk package or was that another day ?
      sndcsd returns
        File "/usr/local/bin/sndcsd", line 4, in ?
          import Pyro
      ImportError: No module named Pyro

sndcs_gtk returns

File "/usr/local/bin/sndcs_gtk", line 8, in ?
          import gtk
      ImportError: No module named gtk

starting httpd

File "./WebKit/Application.py", line 477, in dispatchRawRequest [edit]
        File "./WebKit/Application.py", line 540, in runTransaction [edit]
        File "./WebKit/Application.py", line 564, in runTransactionViaServlet [edit]
        File "./WebKit/Servlet.py", line 59, in runTransaction [edit]
        File "./WebKit/Transaction.py", line 136, in respond [edit]
        File "./WebKit/HTTPServlet.py", line 67, in respond [edit]
        File "./WebKit/HTTPContent.py", line 63, in respondToGet [edit]
        File "./WebKit/HTTPContent.py", line 105, in _respond [edit]
        File "./WebKit/Page.py", line 30, in defaultAction [edit]
        File "./WebKit/Page.py", line 90, in writeHTML [edit]
        File "/usr/share/sndcs/web/lib/SitePage.py", line 450, in writeBody [edit]
          Page.writeBody(self)
        File "./WebKit/Page.py", line 205, in writeBody [edit]
        File "./WebKit/Page.py", line 224, in writeBodyParts [edit]
        File "/usr/share/sndcs/web/lib/SitePage.py", line 442, in writeContent [edit]
          self.writeLocalContent()
        File "sndcs2_web/dcs_employee_list/index.py", line 34, in writeLocalContent [edit]
          employee_object = Pyro.core.getProxyForURI(self.formatPyronameString(self.namespace, ["Employee"]))
        File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/Pyro/core.py", line 381, in getProxyForURI [edit]
          return DynamicProxy(URI)
        File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/Pyro/core.py", line 400, in __init__ [edit]
          URI=processStringURI(URI)
        File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/Pyro/core.py", line 348, in processStringURI [edit]
          NS=loc.getNS(host=hostname,port=port)
        File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/Pyro/naming.py", line 153, in getNS [edit]
          reply = self.sendSysCommand(NS_SYSCMD_LOCATION,host,port,trace)
        File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/Pyro/naming.py", line 62, in sendSysCommand [edit]
          result=self.__sendSysCommand(request, host, port, trace, logerrors, Pyro.constants.NSROLE_SECONDARY)
        File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/Pyro/naming.py", line 146, in __sendSysCommand [edit]
          raise errors.PyroError('Name Server not responding')
      PyroError: Name Server not responding

• Seth Remington

Seth Remington - 2006-10-11

I'm sorry... I thought we were just talking about the DCS Server (sndcsd). The depencies I listed were for the Server. You are correct about the PyGTK depency if you are running the DCS GTK+ Client (sndcs_gtk) on the same box.

Here's where we stand now:
        1. The DCS Server (sndcsd) won't start because Pyro isn't properly installed for python2.4
        2. DCS Web won't start because the DCS Server isn't running (problem 1 above)
        3. The Client won't start because PyGTK isn't installed properly for python2.4

So all of our problems are related to dependencies not being installed properly.

Now let's focus on why that would be. One thought that came into my mind is do you have 2.3 and 2.4 installed at the same time? There is nothing wrong with this (in fact it is probably pretty common) but the question is which version does the "python" command point to? Usually when python is installed the actual binary is named python2.3 or python2.4 and "python" is just a symlink to one of those binaries. Try this: run "python" from a command prompt and see what version it says it is. I'm guessing that it still might be pointing to the 2.3 version in which case when you install Pyro with "python setup.py install" it is using the 2.3 version of Python and is installing the package for 2.3 and not 2.4.

• ddmcse

ddmcse - 2006-10-11

my path to python2.4/site-packages =
      /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages
      i see /usr/local/python2.4 in code of sndcs i think.
      somewhere  i saw this path . the whole problem or part of it ?

• ddmcse

ddmcse - 2006-10-11

more good news
      python as username = 2.4.3
      python as root = 2.4

• Seth Remington

Seth Remington - 2006-10-12

From a shell run the command "python" to bring up an interactive python shell. From there type in "import Pyro" and hit enter. That will confirm that Pyro is or osn't installed correctly. If it says it can't import it then we need to try and re-install Pyro.

I assume you installed it from source. Go into the source tree and remove the "build" directory. I have had weird things happen with previous builds and this will remove all artifacts from the first time you installed Pyro for python2.3. Then run the "python setup.py install" command to install it again.

• ddmcse

ddmcse - 2006-10-23

i got derailed for a few days but I'm back on it now..
      here's where i'm at

python version reports version  2.4 for root and users
      i have site-packages listed  under the python2.4 dir located in /usr/lib/python2.4
      the site packages that i tired the command "import (package name)
      mysqldb
      sndcs
      sndcs_common
      sndcs_client
      pyro
      with these all return me to the prompt with now errors

if i try "import gtk-2.0" i error

i can run the httpd without errors and when i access the sabernet i get a pyro error
      so thats where i am at any suggestions ?