Menu

Availability of actual Rembo software?

Help
2004-07-07
2004-07-08
  • Cock Democracy

Cock Democracy - 2004-07-07

I went to their site and it looks like a commercial product.  I'm trying to use this for personal use...I'd like to make a "base" image of my preferred XP setup and a few applications, and use it on several personal machines that I use.  It would also be handy for when I want to reformat any of these machines.  Are there any alternatives to the commercial product or anything I should look into?  Thanks

• Petri Makijarvi

Petri Makijarvi - 2004-07-08

Rembo Toolkit is a commercial product. The Rembo Wizard is an open source plugin for it. Rembo guys started with BpBatch when they were in the University of Geneva. BpBatch is freeware (not OpenSource). I have used BpBatch on Linux clusters but it understands FAT32, if I remember right. You may want to look at http://www.bpbatch.org/ for more information.

Petri

• Petri Makijarvi

Petri Makijarvi - 2004-07-08

Oh, I forgot: with XP you would have problems with the licensing key if you are cloning installations for home use. If you want to do cloning without a special licence arrangement with Microsoft, use Windows 2000 Professional.

same