Menu

NetBeans 6.0

2007-06-15
2013-01-06
  • Frederic Jean

Frederic Jean - 2007-06-15

The members of my team love this plugin. We are currently working with NB 5.5(.1). I would like to play with NB6.0M9, but the plugin doesn't work. Is there any plans to adapt REM to NB6?

Thanks!

Fred

• oxi

oxi - 2007-11-28

Hi,

I second the petition.

At the moment I'm getting the following output when trying to install the module on nb 6:

Missing required modules for Plugin REM:

module org.netbeans.jmi.javamodel/2 > 1.21.22
      module org.netbeans.modules.java/1 > 1.25.22.2.2.2

---

I don't have the littlest clue where to look for these, but after reading through some webs where similar problems were reported, I've come to the conclusion that those are bundled within the netbeans ide and possibly dependant on the nb version... I'm not quite sure thou... And this might have to be fixed in the REM module itself...

Thanks in advance and regards,
      oxi

• Alex Dusty

Alex Dusty - 2007-12-04

I use it too, an update of the plugin would be very welcome.

BTW: is it possible to have hints/completion and formatting rules inside <scripts> elements?
        It's very bad to have everything left aligned...

• Frederic Jean

Frederic Jean - 2007-12-03

I do have a version of this plugin working under NB6.0RC2. I did have to disable the "click to navigate to class" feature due to changes in NetBean's APIs.

I would certainly like to hear from the maintainers to see what their plans are. Even a "I don't plan to do anything else with this plugin" is fine.

I find it useful enough to be willing to pick it up.

Fred

• Alex Dusty

Alex Dusty - 2007-12-05

Netbeans 6.0 has been released today, since I would like to upgrade can you share your release with instructions on how to install it?

Thanks!
        Alex

• Frederic Jean

Frederic Jean - 2007-12-05

NetBeans 6.0 support is definitively planned. I do need to update the code that depends on jmiutils to use the new API.

Code completion and hints would be more challenging. It would be helpful to have.

Fred

• Frederic Jean

Frederic Jean - 2007-12-10

I just pushed the NetBeans 6.0 version of the REM plugin. It has feature parity with the NetBeans 5.5 version.

The next step would be to upgrade both versions to support ZK 3.0.

Fred

• Alex Dusty

Alex Dusty - 2007-12-11

Thanks Frederic!

• Frederic Jean

Frederic Jean - 2007-12-11

You are welcome :)

Frederic