Menu

Uninstalling rEFInd / Can't find installation folder.

JS
2015-09-28
2015-09-29
  • JS

JS - 2015-09-28

Hello,

Fairly new to rEFInd and was wondering if someone could shed some light on this. I have a macmini (with a fusion drive) bootcamped with OSX and Win7. I am attempting to modify refind.conf but can't find where it is installed.

When I install rEFInd a temporary Volumes/ESP folder is created and mounted. However after reboot the ESP folder disappears.

I've tried re-installing rEFInd with a modified refind.conf-sample but it keeps pointing back to the installed refind.conf that I can't find.

Essentially I want to be able to either a) find where the installed refind.conf file is so I can modify it, or b) completely uninstall rEFInd, and then re-install it with the newly modified refind.conf-sample

Any ideas? Thanks in advance

• sirblackheart

sirblackheart - 2015-09-28

Hi,
    i never installed refind to my main partiton on mac os x but i will make some assumptions that could help you. Asumming that you installed refind to your ESP (Efi System Partition), use the following command in a terminal.

diskutil list

Your ESP should be of type EFI. Keep its identififier in mind. It should be something like disk0s1. Now do

diskutil mount diskXsY

Fill in X and Y from the identifier of your ESP you found trough diskutil list.
    Now your EfiSystemPartition should be visible in finder and refind should be probably located there.

Last edit: sirblackheart 2015-09-28
    • JS

JS - 2015-09-29

Thanks that worked!