Menu

Error 2002 : php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known

2016-05-04
2016-05-04
  • Julien Debache

Julien Debache - 2016-05-04

Hi,
    I've been trying to install refbase on my website these past few days. I have encountered many errors but so far I have managed to fix them one by one with the help of Google.

Yesterday, I encountered the following error :

Error 2002 : php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known

The website is hosted by Infomaniak in Switzerland, what I have found so far is that it has something to do with mySQL not being found but I have no idea where it is and how to tell refbase where it is.

Thank you in advance for your insights.

• Richard Karnesky

When do you encounter that error?

Is DNS configured properly on your server? refbase assumes your server can resolve hostnames to IP addresses for the database connection, import, and other tasks. It is strongly suggested you get DNS resolution working if it is not.

If your assumption of the problem being an inability to resolve the MySQL server is correct, you can work-around this by setting the $databaseBaseURL variable in initialize/ini.inc.php but we'd again suggest you will want dns queries to resolve for other reasons.