Menu

batch file import in specific fields in refbase

2013-10-11
2013-11-28
  • Pierre Nault

Pierre Nault - 2013-10-11

Hi all,

We want to use 'area' and 'expedition' fields to store departments or research groups and email address of authors. The latter one would be used to generate bibliographies of specific authors (even if they have the same name : email address are unique). For batch import using endnote file or BiBTex, we would write these informations in field specific to each format. When importing files, we want the information present in these fields to be imported into refbase in 'area' or 'expedition' fields. Where are the php files I would have to modify to accomplish this ? There should be a file mapping endnote and BiBTex fields to refbase fields.

thanks,

Pierre

• Pierre Nault

Pierre Nault - 2013-10-25

Hi Richard,
    The line you point out is for conversion of RIS to refbase fields. At http://sourceforge.net/p/refbase/code/HEAD/tree/branches/bleeding-edge/includes/import.inc.php#l1321 I see conversion for Endnote to refbase. I don't see any corresponding array for Bibtex to refbase. Or may be I don't understand how conversion of different formats works in refbase.

pierre

• Richard Karnesky

Many formats are converted by bibutils to RIS before being imported to refbase. One advantage in your usecase is that you only have to change one importer (RIS->refbase). However, it does mean that bibutils will need to already convert the fields in question to something that makes sense in RIS.

• Pierre Nault

Pierre Nault - 2013-11-26

Hi Richard,
    Since I can import from RIS format and this way by-pass bibutils and have a more direct way to map RIS fields to refbase fields, I'll use RIS format. In include/import.inc.php I changed:
    // "" => "area",
    // "" => "expedition",
    to :
    "CN" => "area",
    "DP" => "expedition",

And the RIS file looks like this :

DP - nault.pierre; tremblay.george
    DA - 2013/10/28/
    PY - 2013
    CN - Observatoire des sciences et technologies

Batch importing an RIS file will get the area field filled with the right information, say the names of departments. But the expedition field will still be empty : no writing of the name of the researchers. I have inverted the RIS fields (CN -> expedition ; DP -> area) but still, impossible to import something in the expedition field from an RIS format.
    Any idea why ?
    thanks,

Pierre

• Richard Karnesky

record.php does not carry this value over for some reason--there is no:

if (isset($_REQUEST['expedtion']))                                           
              $expeditionName = encodeHTML($_REQUEST['expedition']);                            
            else

block. I'm not sure why. Matthias?