Menu

using dropbox to configure recipe fox

Anonymous
2013-04-23
2021-10-06
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2013-04-23

Hi - I have been a recipe fox user for a while and love it.  However, just had to upgrade my hardrive and somehow the import/export settings got messed up and i can't for the life of me figure out how to restore them.  Can anyone give me instructions?  I run Living Cookbook on Win 7 through VMware fusion on a Macbook pro.  So, I used to use a folder on dropbox to interface because I can't use the firefox within windows due to a java error.  I therefore use Firefox on the mac side with recipe fox to export to dropbox, and then import to LC on the pc side.  It used to work perfectly well.  HELP please?!  Thanks

• Frank

Frank - 2013-04-23

The only two configuration that are really important are (both of them on the export tab in the configuration window):
    - The export directory. Click the browse button and select a directory where you want to save your export file.
    - Add the "File - FDX (Living Cookbook)" to the Possible Export Options.

If it doesn't work, then let me know what kind of problems you are seeing.

Java has been (and still are) giving a lot of problems because Oracle keeps changing the interface that can be used in the browser., but it is possible to make java work also in windows (just don't upgrade to java 7 upgrade 21) You can check the RecipeFox forum for more information: http://recipetools.sourceforge.net/phpBB3/index.php

Frank

• dhbdhcb

dhbdhcb - 2021-10-06

Yeah am also face the same adventure with my hard drive which contain lot of important data especially related to my site would you please help me regarding this

Last edit: dhbdhcb 2021-10-06