Menu

Blank windows

Anonymous
2018-03-16
2018-07-20
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2018-03-16

I'm using QBlade in Windows 10 to compare different VAWT tools with each other at the University of Applied Sciences in Rapperswil, Switzerland. When I open QBlade and try to do anything requiring a second window (e.g. "Naca Foils" or creating a "New Polar") all I get is a blank window that I can't click on and nothing else happens. I therefore cannot use the software at all at the moment. I tried deleting and downloading QBlade again as well as installing updates and restarting my computer. I'm not experiencing the problem with any other software. Also, this is a new problem that did not occur when I used the software a few months ago.

Any ideas?

Thanks very much for the help!

• David

David - 2018-03-29

Hi,

I have never experiences the issue that you are describing - so I cant really comment much.
    However the version that you are using is completely unchanged for more than a year - so the issues must be somehow connected to your computer.

The reason could be some Windows dll issue resulting from other software that you have installed on your machine - but thats just a wild guess. But if nothing is working I would try running in on a virtual machine.

Cheers,

David

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2018-07-13

Hi there, I know this is a bit of a late response, but I just experienced the same problem you described. Managed to figure out that it was caused by using Q-blade previously on multiple monitors and then trying to run it on a single monitor. We fixed it by reconnecting the extra monitor, opening up the new windows, and then dragging the windows back into the current screen. Then it should continue working.

Anonymous
Anonymous

Add attachments
Cancel