Menu

Simulation input file for QLLT on VAWT only reads Blade 1 pitch,

2018-01-21
2018-02-21
  • Bruce LeBlanc

Bruce LeBlanc - 2018-01-21

Hi guys,

While inputing a simulation file to run with v 0.963 in the vawt configuration only the first blade pitch is read. I checked it in the HAWT config and it inputs fine. is there something on my side I can do to input the other blade pitch angles?

Thanks,
    Bruce LeBlanc
    TU Delft

• David

David - 2018-01-24

Hi Bruce,

so youre saying that for HAWT you can input a pitch angle for each blade but this is not working for VAWT? So only the first angle is read for the VAWT case? I cant find any differences between the HAWT and VAWT setup in my current version of the code - but if this is the problem you are seeing I could check the "old" source of the version you are using...

Cheers,
    David

• Bruce LeBlanc

Bruce LeBlanc - 2018-02-15

Yeah thats correct. I'm using the 64 bit 0.963 release.

• Bruce LeBlanc

These are screen shots of the input file readout from Qblade in each of the modes for the same input file

Bruce

• Bruce LeBlanc

This also holds through the actual QLLT simulation for the vawt shown in the pitch angles in the attached photos

• David

David - 2018-02-16

Hi Bruce,

I did a quick test and cannot really reproduce the issue that you are seeing. I downloaded the 64bit version, opened one of the sample projects - then created a simple 3bladed VAWT and loaded the sample .sim file thats supplied ( /sample files/sample_LLT_simulation_file.sim) into a LLT simulation. I see all angles being recognized...
    I also cannot remember ever seeing this project before. Maybe you could send me your project file and the sim file and I can have alook at that?

Are you sure that you have defined your VAWT with 3 blades?

Cheers,

Dav id

• Bruce LeBlanc

Bruce LeBlanc - 2018-02-21

Your last comment tipped me off. The VAWT has 2 blades, however there was a column of zeros for the third blade pitch. So the program only read the first blade pitch column.

I've rewritten the input simulation files and it seems to be reading them correctly now.

Thank you!!

Bruce

Anonymous
Anonymous

Add attachments
Cancel