#25 list_fonts_with_info is broken

open
nobody
None
5
2008-07-26
2008-03-05
No

$ python
>>> from Xlib import display
>>> d=display.Display("<deleted for security>")
>>> d.list_fonts("*", 2) # Works!
['nil2', '-adobe-helvetica-bold-r-normal--12-120-75-75-p-70-iso8859-1']
>>> d.list_fonts_with_info("*", 2) # Doesn't work!
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
File "/home/martina/working/ATCO_I030a1/Harness/Xlib/display.py", line 642, in list_fonts_with_info
pattern = pattern)
File "/home/martina/working/ATCO_I030a1/Harness/Xlib/protocol/request.py", line 789, in __init__
apply(ReplyRequest.__init__, (self, ) + args, keys)
NameError: global name 'ReplyRequest' is not defined

>>> import Xlib
>>> print Xlib.__version__
(0, 12)

(The last update in the ChangeLog is dated 2007-06-10)

Discussion

  • Mike Grant

    Mike Grant - 2008-03-05

    Logged In: YES
    user_id=1175208
    Originator: NO

    Oops, looks like a typo on that line - it should be apply(rq.ReplyRequest.... On the downside, that makes things go boom for me at a later point (need more debugging).

    The version number is my fault though - I didn't know it was there so didn't update it ;) Fixed in SVN.

     
  • Martin Atkins

    Martin Atkins - 2008-03-06

    Logged In: YES
    user_id=2027855
    Originator: YES

    Hi Mike,

    Yes, I had also tried adding the "rq.", but got stumpted at the next hurdle.

    Re the version number - I included that only to show what version of the
    library I was running - I didn't realize that I was also pointing out an oops :-) !

     
  • David H. Bronke

    David H. Bronke - 2008-07-23
    • status: open --> pending
     
  • David H. Bronke

    David H. Bronke - 2008-07-23

    Logged In: YES
    user_id=240178
    Originator: NO

    Marked as pending until next release.

     
  • Mike Grant

    Mike Grant - 2008-07-26
    • status: pending --> open
     
  • Mike Grant

    Mike Grant - 2008-07-26

    Logged In: YES
    user_id=1175208
    Originator: NO

    Version issue is fixed but the list_fonts one is harder - after fixing the typo, there are issues due to the way the X server replies with multiple font names. The handling of this process doesn't seem to be correct and needs a deeper look.

    Setting back to open.

     

Log in to post a comment.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:

JavaScript is required for this form.





No, thanks