Menu

small change to class Generator in "baseclasses.py"

2015-01-29
2015-02-04
  • Thomas Haslwanter

First of all, thanks a lot for finishing the Python 3.x version!!!
    When running it on a number of my programs, I get error messages which seem to be avoidable. Since I don't dare to make the change myself, I'd prefer if someone with a better understanding implements it.

I suggest that in

baseclasses.py

you add to the

class Generator, method __del__

the lines

except SyntaxError:
            pass

(around line 1380).
    It seems to have no effect on the correct running, but eliminates some error messages.
    Thanks, thomas

• Rob Clewley

Rob Clewley - 2015-01-30

Hi Thomas,

Could you explain what your reasons are? For instance, give an example of why the present behavior is not working out?

• Thomas Haslwanter

Hi Rob,

For example, if I run attached Hodgkins-Huxley simulation, I get error messages if I do not make the suggested change. I have tried it out with different Python versions, but only on a Win7 platform.
      It would be interesting to see if you can run them without an error message.
      Thanks, Thomas

• Rob Clewley

Rob Clewley - 2015-02-02

Ah. Well, I mean specifically: can you show me what a particular error message is for the particular script file. Basically, please copy-paste the exact traceback of the error. Without that, I'm still in the dark about what your situation is.

-Rob

On Mon, Feb 2, 2015 at 12:35 PM, Thomas Haslwanter
        thomas_ha@users.sf.net wrote:

Hi Rob,

For example, if I run attached Hodgkins-Huxley simulation, I get error
        messages if I do not make the suggested change. I have tried it out with
        different Python versions, but only on a Win7 platform.
        It would be interesting to see if you can run them without an error message.
        Thanks, Thomas

small change to class Generator in "baseclasses.py"

Sent from sourceforge.net because you indicated interest in
        https://sourceforge.net/p/pydstool/discussion/472290/

To unsubscribe from further messages, please visit
        https://sourceforge.net/auth/subscriptions/

Last edit: Rob Clewley 2015-02-02
  • Rob Clewley

Rob Clewley - 2015-02-04

Thomas, I fear something is wrong with your installation. I cannot reproduce this on Win 7 with Python 3.4 with the script you posted. Please give exact details of both the traceback and the python installation versions (including how you installed it, e.g. with Anaconda or Pyzo) you used.