Menu

PyDev Incorrectly Compiled

Terry Li
2011-02-15
2013-03-15
  • Terry Li

Terry Li - 2011-02-15

Hi,

I just installed PyDev plug-in for Eclipse and tried to run a quick script to make sure everything was going alright. Unfortuneately, there was a compilation error. I tried reinstalling python and the plug-in, but the problem persists. I followed the instructions online, so I do not know what the problem is.

Here is the output of the error:

pydev debugger: CRITICAL WARNING: This version of python seems to be incorrectly compiled (internal generated filenames are not absolute)
    pydev debugger: The debugger may still function, but it will work slower and may miss breakpoints.
    pydev debugger: Related bug: http://bugs.python.org/issue1666807

pydev debugger: warning: psyco not available for speedups (the debugger will still work correctly, but a bit slower)
    pydev debugger: starting
    pydev debugger: Unable to find real location for: /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/threading.py
    pydev debugger: Unable to find real location for: /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/xmlrpclib.py
    pydev debugger: Unable to find real location for: /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/re.py
    pydev debugger: Unable to find real location for: /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/sre_compile.py
    pydev debugger: Unable to find real location for: /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/sre_parse.py
    pydev debugger: Unable to find real location for: /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/xml/parsers/__init__.py
    pydev debugger: Unable to find real location for: /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/xml/parsers/expat.py
    pydev debugger: Unable to find real location for: /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/SimpleXMLRPCServer.py
    pydev debugger: Unable to find real location for: /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/SocketServer.py
    pydev debugger: Unable to find real location for: /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/BaseHTTPServer.py
    pydev debugger: Unable to find real location for: /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/warnings.py
    pydev debugger: Unable to find real location for: /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/mimetools.py
    pydev debugger: Unable to find real location for: /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/tempfile.py
    pydev debugger: Unable to find real location for: /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/random.py
    pydev debugger: Unable to find real location for: /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/__future__.py
    pydev debugger: Unable to find real location for: /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/os.py
    pydev debugger: Unable to find real location for: /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/rfc822.py

• Terry Li

Terry Li - 2011-02-15

Ok sorry for the mix up I was not running the script properly. I have it solved now.

• Fabio Zadrozny

Fabio Zadrozny - 2011-02-16

Ok :)

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2012-12-30

What was your mistake, I am making the same one, but seem to not know it, please share.  Thanks.  -S

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2012-12-30

Please share, I am making the same mistake and I don't know what it is.  I get one run when I kill Eclipse and restart it, but then it gives me  the same message.  Thanks.  -S