Menu

Working with Existing Packages

2008-09-23
2013-03-15
  • Bryan Nahrwold

Bryan Nahrwold - 2008-09-23

I am trying to use Pydev extensions in eclipse Ganymede to modify python modules in packages that already exist.   The directory structure is in Subversion:
    c:\AMP\amp21\test\python\packages\config\configSetup.py

config is a package directory and C:\amp\amp21\test\python\packages has been added to my Eclipse PYTHONPATH.  config has an __init__.py file.

I can edit the file, but I cannot seem to bring in the file into a pa ydev project which recognizes the config package folder.  How do I do this?

• Fabio Zadrozny

Fabio Zadrozny - 2008-09-23

Actually, if you're editing a file below a project that has a folder configured to be in the pythonpath (as in http://fabioz.com/pydev/manual_101_project_conf.html ), it should already be treated as a package... What exactly do you think should happen that's not happening?

Cheers,

Fabio

• Bryan Nahrwold

Bryan Nahrwold - 2008-09-24

Thanks for responding.  If I were to set this up from scratch, I would create a pydev project called, say packages, then create a package called config, then create configSetup.  I would then have a structure in Eclipse that represents what I have on disk.  Right now I have a file in eclipse called configsetup.py.  There will be multiple files in the package.  I can execute the configSetup.py module from the command-line but I am not understanding how to set this setup in Eclipse so I can run the script in Eclipse with the debugger. As previously mentioned, this structure is in subversion, so I want to be able to modify files and then use tortoisesvn to commit the changes.