Menu

using ptpd on ARM7-S3C4510B,network problems

Help
xin Ma
2008-04-02
2012-11-23
  • xin Ma

xin Ma - 2008-04-02

I have learned your latest ptpd source code for a while, it gives me lots of help.
    I am now using ptpd on the platform of ARM7,S3C4510B.The OS I used is RedHat9.0 ,and the OS of ARM is uCLinux 2.4.
    My problem is as follows :
    1.I have two nodes of the PTP,one is a software(Ieee1588 demon by IXXAT) running on a PC and another is the ARM7 running ptpd.They are configged in the same domain:224.0.1.129.
    2.when the ptpd is running on the ARM with ./ptpd -p command ,it sends IGMP while initiating net, and sends Sync and FollowUp messages(as a master).But it can't get the Delay_req message sent by the PC. I monitor the return value of the select()function ,it always returns -1(except for receiving the loop messages).
    3.If the ptpd runs by the command of ./ptpd -g ,it will always run in the Listening state, and the ret is also
       -1. Meanwhile,the IEEE1588 DEMO is still running on the PC. And I'm sure they are in the same domain.
    4.when I tried to use the uni-cast mode, that is one ptpd is running on the RadHat9.0 on a PC ,and another ptpd is running on the ARM7, they both run by the command of ./ptpd -u ip1#(2#), the two work well.
      what should I do to get the multicast mode work well?
    thanks
    Maxin

• kendall

kendall - 2008-08-09

So select returns -1, indicating an error and errno should be set. PTPd prints out the error message associated with the errno unless the it is EAGAIN or EINTR. That error message should provide more information. If the errno is EAGAIN or EINTR consistently, then there might be something wrong at the kernel level. Sorry for the late reply.