Menu

adjtimex on AT91RM9200

Help
2007-05-15
2012-11-23
  • PL Marshall

PL Marshall - 2007-05-15

I have a network of a pc and an embedded system which is an AT91RM9200 running linux-2.6.20-rc3. The grand master clock on the network is a symmetricon GPS 1588 clock. I can get the pc and arm up and running ptpd. However the arm will reset its clock, but then it does not converge. It errors in the do_adjtimex call somewhere around the line:

if((time_status & (STA_UNSYNC|STA_CLOCKERR))!=0)

It seems that STA_UNSYNC is set and things go bad.  I do not have this problem on the pc which is also running linux 2.6.20.

I am confused about why things are not working. Have you seen anything like this problem? Do you have any advice or suggestions?

Thanks

• PL Marshall

PL Marshall - 2007-05-21

After looking more into the kernel code I see that even though do_adjtimex returns 5 it should have still ran the call ntp_update_frequency. But still nothing changes the system time.

I have found a patch [03/46][RFC] HZ free ntp: Distangle the NTP update from HZ. This is necessary for dynamic tick enabled kernels.

Has any one used this patch or had a problem with updating the time on "dynamic tick enabled kernels"?