Menu

ptpd 2.3.1rc4 config/options changed?

Help
2015-06-12
2015-06-12
  • Luke Pyzowski

Luke Pyzowski - 2015-06-12

I'm waiting on the fix to the 100% cpu issue, and I noticed this with the latest release.

I built the latest ptpd release and it looks like some options are deprecated, though the default config provided was not changed. Is this expected and just needs an update?

/etc/init.d/ptpd restart
    PTPd not running.
    Starting IEEE 1588 Precision Time Protocol (v2) daemon...Unknown configuration entry: ptpengine:sync_outlier_filter_enable - setting will be ignored
    Unknown configuration entry: ptpengine:delay_outlier_filter_enable - setting will be ignored
    Unknown configuration entry: ptpengine:calibration_delay - setting will be ignored

Let me know if you need anymore info/full config file details, but I'm guessing this might be enough and the context will be known to do a simple fix.

• Wojciech Owczarek

Hi,

Those options have not changed, you built ptpd without the statistics support. Autoconf fail on my end. The --enable-statistics option is now on by default, but there's an issue in configure.ac. When you run configure with --enable-statistics, it disables them. Fix coming shortly.

As to the 100% CPU issue, please give the latest subversion code a go.

Thanks,
    Wojciech

• Wojciech Owczarek

Autoconf fix now in svn. Behaves correctly now. RC5 will have the fix.