Menu

help with run-time options

Help
kkhan2
2006-07-20
2012-11-23
  • kkhan2

kkhan2 - 2006-07-20

I am running tests using PTPd and am trying to use the different run-time options that need a "number" after them, what is an feasible number for -a, -w, -l, -o,-e, and -v and how would you enter them into the command line? I know a feasible number for -s "number" is a single integer like 2. So in the command line I would type ptpd -s 2. And say for like run-option -w, if i want to change the stiffness to 2^6, would i need to put in the command line ptpd -w 2^6 or 64 or just 6? Again thank you for your help.

• kendall

kendall - 2006-07-21

anything that is NUMBER will be interpreted with strtol(), which has a good man page explaining its accepted syntax (e.g. 45, 0x2d, 055). for the '-w' option, just specify the exponent, so '-w 6' => stiffness = 2^6.

in the NUMBER,NUMBER options, either but not both of numbers are optional. so you could do '-l 6000,2000', '-l 6000' or '-l ,2000'. omitted numbers default to either something reasonable or zero. this could be checked with the debugging messages (compile with '-DPTPD_DBG').